The Flight

     Erik decides not to cause problems. His fists crave collision with Wesley's jaw. It takes too much restraint to keep him from curb-stomping Wesley while the pair walk with back to his place. Unfortunately, it's important that they don't create any more blood than they already have. Besides, Wesley seemed okay with Erik having committed murder, more so than anyone else including Jamie. Even though Erik hates the guy, he respects that.

~~~

Thankfully, the others let Jamie have a minute to himself in his bedroom. There, he quickly throws a few pictures of him and his family in a suitcase, as well as half his winter wardrobe. From here on out, it only gets colder, after all.

Even though he doesn't want to, Jamie forces himself to write his brother a letter. He tidies up his room, making his bed to leave the note there, in plain sight.

Sorry that I've got to jet. Watch our Netflix list without me.

In the living room, Cara and Eden sit together on the couch. Cara tries to muffle her cries in his bloody jacket so that Jamie doesn't hear. Physical things have never mattered to Cara, but she would've liked a photo. She would've liked something to have. Now, all she's got is a light blue sweater flecked drenched in blood, and a dead friend in the next room.

He hates himself for it, but Eden enjoys that Cara is crying. She needs to after all. Besides, Eden knows that Cara will not want to touch him ever again after tonight. Cara's only flaw is how much she blames herself. Eden's are numerous, so much so that he knows this moment is the closest he will ever get to having Cara truly need him. It is selfish and cruel, but Eden doesn't want Cara to stop sobbing, because then, he will lose her.

~~~

June slips into her house. She can hear her twin brothers laughing in the kitchen, so she closes the door quietly. Since the rest of her family is probably at the Autumn Festival doing damage control, she can slip in unseen.

In her bedroom, June packs two suitcases. One with her own clothes and another with the hand-me-downs from April that June has never worn. They are closer to the size of Cara, so at least Cara will have something to wear. Percy will be able to slip into June's clothing, so June brings a lot extra. June doesn't need to grab a photo, because the only one that matters is a polaroid of her and her siblings which she keeps in her wallet at all times. After all, June has only just got home. Though she loves them, and she will miss them desperately, she has to fly.

~~~

There is a lot of traffic leaving the Autumn festival, so Wesley turns up the music in Eden's car and drums his fingers to the beat. Thankfully, the Autumn festival erupted into a violent fistfight between a couple of drunk vendors, so the police have had their hands full. Though he feels okay in the moment, Wesley needs to leave town desperately, now more than ever.

~~~

Lee lies on the bed, her body sprawled out across the sheets. Though the rest of her has since gone limp, the arm which the woman grabbed remains flexed. Her fingers are contorted as if they are trying desperately to grab something. Her eyes are open.

Percy can't bear to look at her. Instead, she stares out the window. With Hades gone, Percy has no reason to stay. If she had to give Hamilton a good-bye, she would spit in its face. Good fucking riddance.

~~~

Surprisingly, Hope's Dad's car isn't in the driveway. He must either be with the police, or out looking for her, or both. The distinction is insignificant to Hope. She packs clothing in a suitcase then sneaks into her father's study while she waits for someone to come pick her up. In the drawer, she finds the prescription her father gave her, which was supposed to dull out her mood. Sadly, there are no pictures of her mother.

There is, however, her mother's ring. Hope takes it and slips it on her finger. When she glances at it, she pictures Percy.