Warning: I don't usually do these, but there is going to be graphic violence here. I don't think it's too bad, but you are forewarned.

Even though it is well into the next day, Percy can not and will not leave her bed. After all, Hades' blood stains the cheap linoleum in the entryway. After all, his blood covers her arms and her knees, and as soon as she gets up she is going to realize that the blood and mud from burying her dog have stained the sheets. Every so often her stomach flips inside out, and she doesn't care which of her friends is in pain, even if it's Hope dying.

There are texts on her phone, which buzzes and buzzes and buzzes. She isn't sure if they are the group chat, or if they are just Lee, or if they are Eden. Maybe everyone knows, maybe no one knows, maybe they are trying to figure out who broke into her house and slit her dog's throat on the night that someone tried to murder Lee, or maybe they know and don't care.

None of that matters, because as long as Percy lies here, she can pretend that the day isn't happening, and that her dog is sleeping in the next room, and not buried behind the dumpster of a shitty apartment building.

~~~

Jamie still hasn't answered the phone, which is fine. He must be busy, Wesley thinks. Cara is still at the hospital too, and June is busy. Actually, the text that she just sent him is making his stomach do flips, but he can't tell if it's related or unrelated.

Basically, that leaves only one person who Wesley is relatively neutral on.

He knocks on the door. It takes a few seconds for Wesley to hear shuffling inside. A tired Eden opens it. The boy's hair is messy, spread out in every direction.

"It's 2:00 PM," Wesley points out.

Eden opens the door wider to let Wesley in. "I'm in college."

Wes nods slowly and makes his way over to the couch. It's stained, although Wesley wasn't expecting anything better from Eden. He drops his bag and skateboard. Then, he sits down and sinks, probably because the springs are broken. When Eden sits down, he sits at the exact opposite end.

Instinctively, Wesley rolls his eyes. Straight boys.

"So, I take it Jamie told you?" Eden begins.

Wesley blinks. He casts a glance at his bag, filled with every piece of clothing he owns, as well as half a dozen notebooks and pictures. For the first time in a while, Wesley is lucky that he was bounced all over the place as a child. Everything he owns can be carried, which makes for an easy escape.

Now that Jamie's roommate is gone, Wesley has somewhere to stay.

"Yeah, he told me," Wesley offers.

"I don't think it's that big of a deal," Eden reclines, but his body is rigid when he does. He is trying to play natural, and Wesley hates fakers. "Not enough that you have to flee anyway."

"Wait, what?" Wesley doesn't pretend any longer.

Eden jolts in his seat. Wesley's eyebrows are furrowed, and one of his steady hands rests on his chin. He waits for Eden to clarify, so Eden swallows.

"Nobody cleaned up your blood, and the police will be able to test it," Eden notes.

Wesley puts his head in his hands. As if his day couldn't get any worse. "How much blood was there?"