Chapter Five

It had been two months since she had first entered the house that was supposed to be her home, as a stranger to her own husband, after the initial awkwardness, Khushi had managed to yet again make a place of her own in Arnav's heart. It was almost as if they were back to the very initial stages of their relationship. Khushi was happy, at least now she was not a mere stranger to her husband. 

They were friends, he had decided for them a few weeks ago, Khushi had only chuckled with an "Of course we are friends."

And things only got better from then. She was almost back to her early chirpy self, she laughed, smiled, teased, and pulled Arnav's leg, much to the said man's annoyance, but he did secretly enjoyed all his antics. (Although he won't tell!)

***

Khushi sat in the living room, with a mug of milk between her palms. "I feel like I am the child." She pouted at Anjali.

"What makes you think you are not?" Anjali asked.

Khushi frowned cutely. 

"You are so damn cute." Anjali said pulling her cheeks, the infant lying on the couch next to her rambled in protest.

Khushi took her in her arms and started cooing to her. 

"She's really possessive of you." Anjali said rolling her eyes.

Khushi chuckled, "Exactly like her father, choti Laad-Governor." She replied, nuzzling her face.

"Laad-Governor?" Nani looked at Khushi amused.

"What kind of a name is that?" Arnav frowned throwing his bag on the couch, Khushi sighed in annoyance.

"It's what I call my husband, because he thinks he owns the whole world." Khushi said sarcastically.

"It is a weird nickname." Arnav said flatly 

"My husband loves it." Khushi said softly

Arnav smiled tightly. "Weird man."

Khushi nodded, "Very weird indeed," She agreed with him. "But he's my life.

Arnav rolled his eyes, "Life!" He mumbled 

Khushi tried her hardest to stop herself from smiling, she could clearly see her husband's beautiful brown orbs overflowing with jealousy. 

Anjali noticed Khushi's face and raised her eyebrows at her.

"He's jealous." Khushi whispered to her.

Anjali chuckled.

"What happened?" Arnav frowned at his sister. 

"Girls talk chotte." Anjali replied.

Arnav rolled his eyes at them.

"How was office today?" Anjali asked.

"Uh, usual." He replied.

"Uh, usual." Anjali mimicked him.

You literally have nothing better to do, do you?” Arnav asked sarcastically. Anjali shrugged in a non-committal manner

Khushi laughed.

***

Khushi was walking on the terrace with her baby cocooned in her arms, she was constantly sobbing in her arms while Khushi was rubbing her back trying to calm her down.