Chapter Two

Arnav was walking out of his office, busy on a call, when felt something soft colliding with himself. He almost lost his balance before steadying himself and wrapped his arms around the girl he has grown to sense even in his deepest slumbers, to prevent her from falling.

Khush.. slow down!!Arnav chided still holding her in a hug.You could have gotten hurt.

Khushi broke the hug and looked at him with a pout. Arnav smiled. Can I call you back Amy?He spoke into the Bluetooth.

Continue, please. It must be important, I’ll wait.Khushi said but Arnav had already disconnected the call by then. 

Aman knows who’s at the top of my priority list.Arnav said smiling.He told me to enjoy!” 

Khushi blushed the deepest shade of red.

When did my Khushi reach?Arnav asked.

Just now, I came directly to the office.Khushi answered.

Everything okay back home?Arnav asked.

Khushi sighed softly.No, Dad doesn’t want to listen to me. He is firm on his decision.

Arnav ran his fingers through his hair.

Come herehe pulled her in his arms. 

I can’t… I love you Arnav.She mumbled into his chest.

I know.”  He tightened his hold on her,Everything will be fine.

They will kill me!Khushi whimpered.

Shh… No one will dare to touch you.Arnav kissed her hair.I'll not let any harm come to you.

I trust youKhushi confessed.But not them.” 

Relax Jaan, you are the ASR’s life. He is not that weak to not know how to protect his love from the evil eyes of the worldArnav said softly.

What will we do?Khushi asked.

We’ll figure that out later. You must be tired, let’s take you home first!Arnav said.

Khushi nodded. Arnav led her to his car and they drove towards the apartment.

***

Arnav looked at his grandmother shocked. “So it was all a trick?” he asked.

Arnav, we couldn’t think of any other way. You haven’t shown up for weeks.” Subhadra explained to her grandson. While Devyani looked down guiltily.

What do you mean I have no shown up for weeks? I do have a life Dadi, it’s not like I was deliberately away from home.” Arnav snapped at Subhadra.

That’s not the way to talk to elders.” Devyani scolded Arnav.

Nani, I respect you. Your wish is a command to me. But you need to understand that I can’t always adhere to your wishes. Do you have any idea how much you scared me with that lie about your health?” Arnav asked.

I am sorry Chotte.” Devyani whispered.

What could she have done when you were constantly ignoring her requests for you to come to Delhi” Subhadra asked.