Chapter Four

One Month Later

Khushi was half-lying in the hospital bed hours after her delivery when she heard a knock. She looked up, to find Anjali smiling at her from the door of the room.

"Di" Khushi smiled weakly "Come in Please."

Anjali entered the room and sat next to her. "Don't try to get up, its okay." She caressed her face. "How are you feeling?"

Khushi sighed, "I'm fine but the doctors took her away right after birth." She informed her

"Premature Deliveries are difficult Khushi-ji," Anjali said softly "I'm sure she will be fine. She's been taken away for her own betterment."

"I hope so Di, or else.." Khushi said looking at her.

"Shh. There's no two ways about this situation. She is Arnav Singh Raizada and his Khushi's daughter. She is going to fight and return to her mum soon. You'll see." Anjali assured her.

Khushi smiled.

"I can't believe chotte managed to keep this a secret." Anjali sighed softly "for three years."

Khushi fidgeted with her fingers nervously, "We had to keep our relationship a secret. We were-"

"I'm aware. We've already talked about it and Arnav had told us everything before his.. accident." Anjali said, "Chotte would never want to keep such a big thing a secret from us without a proper reason."

"We didn't mean to.."

"I understand Khushi-ji." Anjali patted her head affectionately.

"How's Arnav?" Khushi asked

Anjali sighed, "He's fine, At least that what it looks like. He's slipped into a routine, Office, Home, Home, Office." She informed.

"It's weird. The last conversation we had before he left for Delhi, I asked him if he'll forget me after going to Delhi." Khushi chuckled "And to think back at it now, with the realisation that he actually did."

"Khushi-ji... You'll have to be strong. For your Arnav, for your princess." Anjali reached for her face and wiped her tears "You can't fall weak.You can't lose hope."

"I know." Khushi sighed.

"It'll all be over soon Khushi-ji" Anjali said softly

"I'll talk to the doctor, and ask him when you will be discharged," Anjali said standing up from her place. "I'll also have to ask them about your travel arrangements."

"Di... Travel?" Khushi frowned.

"Don't you want to go to your family?" Anjali asked.

"Delhi!"

"It's time Khushi-ji."

***

Aman had lied to her that night, knowing that she emotionally too vulnerable to put up with this news for the time being. He couldn't risk giving her stress in such a crucial time when she was already going through a problematic pregnancy without her Arnav being there.

"Baccha... He's perfectly fine." Aman had lied with perfection and made her sleep after assuring her of her Arnav's safety.

But the man himself had flown to Delhi the very next morning, Worried sick for his best friend.

He had made all sorts of enquiries from the Police, The hospital authorities, The doctor in charge of his case and get the news that although he was fine, He had suffered partial amnesia.