eighteen

[eighteen]
riddled

ALEX'S EYEBROWS FURROWED, despite them being closed tightly

ALEX'S EYEBROWS FURROWED, despite them being closed tightly. She was sitting down against a pole, her knees to her chest, and a rope tied around her torso tightly, her head hung low.

She was wearing only what she wore to bed. Shorts, and a grey, oversized tee shirt. She had goosebumps on her arms and legs and was slightly trembling, however, the girl didn't feel it, as she was unconscious.

"Alex?" Stiles whispered, his voice shaky and tears streaming down his face. He had just called Scott and told him, as best he could manage, about what was going on. Stiles had hardly any idea himself.

He was freezing too. He knew if him and Alex didn't get out of wherever they were soon, then they'd freeze to death.

It was the coldest night of the year, and being in some kind of industrial basement didn't help the fact that they could possibly get hypothermia. In fact, it made the chances worse.

"Alex?!" His voice rose as he became panicked. He glanced at his leg, wondering why it felt numb, and why there was a warm substance running down his ankle.

He shone his phone flashlight on it. Stiles yelled at the sight of an animal trap on his ankle. The warm substance was his own blood, which was coating his ankle and his foot. More tears streamed down his face at the pain.

He glanced at Alex again. She was a few meters away from him, so he couldn't get to her. He scanned her body, making sure she wasn't hurt. To Stiles' relief, she wasn't injured.

Before he could try to crawl over to her, despite the constricting trap on his leg, he heard a noise.

"Who's there?" Stiles asked shakily as he sniffled, shining his phone flashlight in the direction of the noise. "I know you're there, I can hear you."

More tears began to stream down his face as he released a shaky breath. Stiles heard another noise, the boy shining his phone flashlight in the direction of it.

A figure came into view. The figure was hunched over, its back facing Stiles. It finished writing the number five on the wall backwards, dropping the chalk on the floor. The figure's head was covered by mummy wrappings, as well as its hands. Suddenly it disappeared.

"Self." Stiles whispered as the number faded away. He then glanced at his phone. "No, come on."

He then placed his phone down, his hands trembling as he tried to pull the trap off his leg. Stiles yelled in pain at the attempt, the trap only digging into his ankle more.

The mummy wrapped figure began to pace around, revealing his mouth as it faced Stiles, still pacing around. It had metal teeth, all of them sharp as knives.

"Who's there?" Stiles asked in a normal tone. His voice rose as he became more panicked. "Who are you?!"

The figure began speaking in Japanese.