14

'Where am I?'

I woke up on my bed. Then, I found myself in my house, our house. I went downstairs to the kitchen. I saw mom there cooking breakfast.

'Mom?'

She stopped cooking and turned around. She was now smiling at me. She opened her arms, ready to hug me.

'Mom...!'

I ran to her. I want to hug her. I want her to stay.

...

Suddenly, the scenery changed. I was now at a bathroom. Our bathroom.

She was there, in the tub. But somethings wrong. The water was dyed... in red.

She was there, but she wasn't smiling anymore. Instead, she was in the tub with her eyes closed. Her face was wet with tears. I looked around and saw the mirror broken.

The shards are on the floor, spilled with blood.

And then I realized, it was THAT night. My head hurts, my heart started to beat faster.

'Shit.'

No, No.

The scene replayed inside my head.

I crouched in pain and shouted

'Argh!!!'

'NO!'

...

"NO!"

I opened my eyes and gasped for air. My head was pounding. I heard a 'beep' sound, and turned around to find the source of the noise.

I noticed that I was in an unfamiliar place. The floor is tiled, there are weird equipments attached to me, and a computer with the beeping sound.

'I'm in a hospital aren't I?'

Then, the door opened. An old man entered the room, but I can't say he really is an old man. His posture was too straight for an old man. He has a mature look on his face and an elegant manner of walking. He dressed like those owners of big corporations in movies.

What made me think of him as an old man is his hair and beard. They are white but cut cleanly that made him look like he hasn't aged at all.

"Uhm, sir. I am sorry but I think you're in the wrong room." I said

The man stared at me for whole 5 seconds, then smiled. I swear he was sizing me up.

"This is my first time seeing you, Y/N." the man said.

"H-how did you know my name sir? May I ask who are you?" I asked.

Did any of my parents made an enemy of a tycoon? I am so screwed.

"Don't be nervous, Y/N. We're family after all." The man smiled.

'F-family?' My parents didn't tell me they had other families...wait.

I suddenly came into realization. There's only one family that I didn't know of. My dad and my mom are an only child. My mom's parents already passed away. So, this leaves me my dad's... parents. My grandparents.

"A-are you my grandfather?" I asked. I didn't know that my grandparents will come to find me.

"Hahahhahaah. You sure are a smart one, aren't you?" Her elegance suddenly vanished and replaced by an ordinary old man. I smiled weakly at that.

I didn't know how they found me. But I felt relieved that I still have a family left. I have a lot of questions I wanted to ask, but I'll leave them for now.