[Pt. 3] -30- 🎶 Always Bound To Lose

"Oh, now you're looking at me, and I'm looking at you like a fool. But, you don't know what it feels like to fall in love with you. No, you don't know what it's like when you can't go back. 'Cause I only lose my mind when I ain't got you. And how can I win when I'm always bound to lose?"
~Dean Lewis, 'Lose My Mind'

~~~

*Jimin's POV*

"I would like you guys to meet Choi Kyong," Yoongi gestured to the man next to him. "My boyfriend."

If someone said anything after that, I didn't hear it. All I could hear was the whoosh of blood racing to my head.

The room was closing in around me. Boyfriend? Yoongi had a... boyfriend? But... what about us...

I barely registered the sound of my phone ringing until Hoseok gently nudged me. Hands shaking, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen.

<Incoming Call: Hoseok>

"I, um, uh," I stammered, face burning with what I was sure was a deep red. "I have to take this."

I raced past Yoongi and out the front door, not even bothering to put on my shoes.

The street was quiet, the only noise being the sound of my feet hitting the pavement. I didn't even care that my socks were getting horribly dirty. I just needed to get out of there.

When I reached the end of the street, I collapsed to my knees on the concrete. Hyperventilating, I gripped my hair with my hands.

No. No. Nonononono...

We're supposed to be together. It's supposed to be me and Yoongi. Forever. We just needed time before getting back together... we just needed...

No!

This can't be happening!

Yoongi's... moved on? He's found someone new? Does he love him? The way he used to love me?

The way he used to love me.

Min Yoongi doesn't love me anymore.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks, and I shattered.

Sobs tore through my throat, making my entire body shake. My stomach twisted, and all the pain I had buried under foolish hope came up. Coughing, I tried to catch my breath and calm my heart rate.

You knew this was over, Jimin. You knew that, and you chose to believe in the impossible anyway.

This is all your fault.

I didn't deserve to cry over Yoongi. It was my fault that we were so broken. I should've been honest with myself and with him from the beginning. I tried my best to compose myself. I didn't want to go back to that house and have everyone - especially Yoongi - see that I had been crying. No one should have to hurt because of me. I was the only one who should be feeling this pain.

I didn't need their pitiful stares. As far as they're concerned, I'm fine. I'm great. I'm happy.

Once I had sufficiently calmed myself down, I took my time heading back to the house. Before entering the house, I pulled my phone out to check my appearance in the camera. My cheeks were still a little red, but it wasn't too bad. I brushed my hand through my hair to smooth it out, not wanting to look like I had been close to pulling my hair out.

When I walked into the house, all eyes darted to me. I forced a smile on my face, casually walking back to the table in the dining room. Yoongi and his friend were now sitting at the table.