[Pt. 1] -04- 🎶 Waited For Your Touch

"If you knew how much this moment means to me, and how long I've waited for your touch. If you knew how happy you are making me, I never thought I'd love anyone so much."
~Chantal Kreviazuk, 'Feels Like Home'

~~~

*Third Person POV*

Jungkook knocked on Taehyung's door, excited to see the older boy. He waited a few more seconds before knocking again. Once again, he received no response.

"Tae?" He called out, slowly opening the door and poking his head into the room. His smile brightened as he saw the blue-haired boy sprawled out on his bed, headphones on as he played a game on his phone. Kook slipped over to him and jumped on the bed without warning, making Taehyung let out a yelp.

"Kookie!" Tae whined. "You surprised me! Now I have to retry this level." Tae's bottom lip poked out in an adorable pout, and Kook laughed at his cuteness. He wrapped his arms around the older boy's waist, snuggling himself to his chest.

"Sorry, Tae~" Kook said cutely. Tae glanced at the younger boy and saw he was giving him his famous bunny smile. Tae couldn't help but smile back and paused his game.

"What's up?" Tae asked him.

Kook scratched the back of his neck. "I just wanted to make sure you were feeling okay. You know... with the meeting and all..." Kook's voice trailed off as he approached the sensitive topic.

Taehyung let a soft sigh out through his nose. He raised his hand to Kook's hair and ruffled it. "Well, of course I'm sad, but we'll be okay, yeah? You just watch, two years are gonna go by like that," he said with a snap of his fingers.

Kook's eyes brightened at Tae's optimism. "You really think so?"

Tae hummed and nodded his head, still playing with Jungkook's hair. "Don't worry, Kookie. After this is all over, everything is going to go back to normal. You'll see." He gave Kook a bright smile to cheer him up. "You know what always makes me feel better when I'm stressed?" Kook tilted his head to the side. Tae opened his arms wide. "A nap with your best friend."

Jungkook giggled as he scooted closer to Tae and allowed himself to be wrapped up in his arms, their legs tangling together on the bed.

Giving a contented sigh, Kook's chest felt warm with the feeling of being wrapped in Tae's arms. He felt safe and loved. Jungkook didn't want nor need to confess his feelings to Taehyung. He was content just being by his side. Maybe things will change in the future, but for now, he was happy right where he was: snuggled against Tae's chest.

Tae snuck a peak at the sleeping boy cuddling him. He felt almost breathless with how beautiful his Kookie looked while he slept. His dark locks messily fell across his forehead. His cheeks looked especially squishy while pressed against Tae's chest. His long lashes delicately brushed his smooth cheek, and his pink lips were in a slight pout.

He was perfect.

Taehyung held back a sigh as he thought about how this beautiful boy would probably never love him back. While he wanted nothing more than to proudly say Kook was his, he didn't want to jeopardize their friendship. If Tae confessed to Kook, and he didn't feel the same way, what would become of them?

Tae shook the thought away and pulled the boy closer to him. He rested his cheek on top of the sleeping boy's head. He would learn to be content with where he is now: holding his Kookie close to him.

***

Jin silently left his room and tried to be quiet as he made his way down the dark hallway. It was currently one o'clock in the morning, and the rest of the members were sleeping. They all felt emotionally drained and headed to bed earlier than normal.