Blazing Moon (Christmas Gift)

Start from the beginning

Are those thieves? Is somebody getting mugged? Or worse! Her wild thoughts with the heart pumped adrenaline into her body. There was this saying, curiosity killed the cat, and Blaze had been born with a double amount of curiosity.

So, she peeked inside of the alley, sneaking further and further. The only lamp behind her flickered, casting her shadow on the ground. She reached the corner, but she still couldn't hear how many people were there. It could just be a stray animal.

Blaze held her breath, wiping her sweating palms into her jeans. After a few seconds, she dared to peek into the corridor. What she'd seen enlarged her eyes into plate-size.

In an open area stood a hedgehog with a fur shining like a moon. His relaxed posture filled the dim alley with calmness. And then the storm began. His body whirled around, jumping, and rotating, as nothing could stop him.

He danced from one end to another on just his toes, his face as frozen as a lake, but his eyes burned as the summer sun. He jumped in the air, his arms behind him like angel wings carrying him back into heaven.

But not all angels reached their bellowed land. His face twisted, and he yelped, catching his knee as he crashed on the ground.

"Are you okay?" Blaze shouted, dashing to help him stand up.

"What?" He jerked his body, realizing his street performance had an audience. "Don't touch me!"

"Do you have anything broken?" She ignored his request, dragging him up with a strength nobody would expect from her. "Do you need a doctor?"

"You need otorirano... otorifarot... orofiro..."

Blaze gave him a confused look.

The man barked, "Check your ears!" He tried to get from her grasp. "I'm fin—" He winced, going weak in his right knee.

"Obviously not!" She tossed him over her shoulder. "I'll walk you home."

The hedgehog growled but gave up under her gaze. "Just let me get my crutch." He gestured to a corner where it rested against the wall. They staggered that way, and once he got it, their pace picked up on speed once they synchronized their steps.

"I have a car nearby. I can get myself home just fine, but what about you?" He pointed with his crutch to a small car under a lamp.

"Well..." She thought about her next words. He was a complete stranger, and who knew what could happen in a car.

"I'm not a pedohog," he said with a small smile. "And with your strength, you would snap me like a wig."

Blaze giggled. "I guess I would appreciate a ride home."

The hedgehog unlocked the car and opened the passenger's door. "Ladies first." He slightly bowed.

Blaze's eyes shot open, and she glued the five quills against his head, giving him completely different visage. He lowered under her touch, his fang biting his lip.

"You are... You can't be..." she whispered, taking a step back. He turned his head away in shame. "The Silver Sun."

He gritted his teeth. "That's in the past," he mumbled with a bitter taste in his mouth.

"I always wanted to meet you!" She hugged him, letting him go in the next second. "Sorry!" Her ears flopped, but then stood up with her tail swishing. "You've inspired me to get better! I love your performance! Such elegance and fire!"

Silver couldn't stop a smile flashing across his face. Her enthusiasm was contagious. "Well, thanks. So, still, want to ride?"

"Of course! Of course! Of course!" She was jumping in the air like a small kid seeing an incoming ice-cream.