[Pt. 3] -29- 🎶 Happy Without Me

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Comfortable? Ha, easier said than done.

There was no way in hell anyone was comfortable with this situation. Hoseok was stiff next to me, with his hands shoved deeply in his pockets and his eyes glued to the floor. Nudging him with my elbow, I looked at him with concern. He gave me a small nod, letting me know that he was okay.

We walked over to the table where Jungkook and Taehyung were, and awkwardly took our seats.

"Jimin," Jungkook acknowledged me. "It's nice to see you."

Hoseok snorted, bringing on a glare from Jungkook.

"What's so funny?" Jungkook demanded.

Hoseok looked at him coolly. "I just find it funny how you said it was nice to see him, not us."

Jungkook's glare deepened. "It's not like we left things on a very positive note."

"I'll say," Hoseok laughed dryly. "Last time I saw you, I was hearing about how you shoved your dick up my boyfriend's—"

"Hoseok!" Taehyung gasped. Hoseok's mouth snapped shut when he heard Taeyhung speak up. Turning his attention to Tae, Hoseok's fist tightened in his lap.

"Taehyung," Hoseok said in a much calmer tone. "I'm glad to see you're doing well." Taehyung looked down at his hands that were folded in his lap.

"Now who's trying to be funny?" Jungkook grumbled.

Hoseok's eyes darted to Jungkook's, and I could practically feel the heated anger behind his stare.

"Just because we broke up doesn't mean I don't care about him anymore," Hoseok snapped. "Our relationship ended, but that doesn't mean my love for him did."

Three things happened the second Hoseok confessed he was still in love with Tae: my jaw dropped, Jungkook's fists tightened, and Taehyung's eyes went wide.

I started to reach for my phone in my pocket, but Hoseok subtly put his hand over mine. The look he gave me told me he didn't need saving. He had this.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Jungkook hissed.

"What do you mean?" Hoseok asked innocently, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Oh, I'm sorry. Does it bother you that I'm confessing how I feel to the man you're dating? How inconsiderate of me. As your friend, I should've considered how that would make you feel."

If this were any other situation, Hoseok's pettiness would've had me rolling on the floor. But right now, in this moment, the tension was so thick that I was practically choking on it. Jungkook looked like he was ready to leap across the table and strangle Hoseok at any moment, and Taehyung had gone completely pale.

"How's it going in here?" Namjoon popped his head into the dining room. "Does anyone want a drink?"

"Please!" I overeagerly exclaimed. "I think we could all use something to drink." I glared at the two wildebeests who were currently staring each other down. "Taehyung, do you want to help Namjoon get the drinks?"

Relief flooded Tae's face. "Yes! Er, I mean... Namjoon, I would love to help you."

Namjoon slowly nodded, trying to read the vibe of the room. Taehyung slipped out of his seat, following Namjoon to the kitchen.

"Okay, you two better listen up," I whispered with a hiss. "We all agreed to be pleasant tonight for Namjoon and Jin. This wedding isn't about any of us, so stop acting like children." I turned my head to Hoseok. "Hobi, stop being an asshole. And you," I glared at Jungkook, "you look like you're ready to murder someone. Control yourself or Namjoon will beat you for upsetting Jin."