Part title

~POV Xylo~

     I rush to the hospital. All the times I failed to protect her running through my head. So many times I failed to save her. So many times. I can't fail her. Not- not again.

     By the time I make it inside I see half the place in ruins. Did she take out the escalator? I hear distant chatter and hide in a room.

     "It was just the girl?" One voice inquires.

     "That girl was Y. She was the best of the best till The Z showed up." Another voice responds.

     "Wasn't The Z once A?" A third asks.

     "Why did the boss change that?" The first asks.

     "Maybe because he's the end of all our sanity." The third said sarcastically.

     The first laughs. "Oh that was good. How did the girl die?"

     "Blood loss."

     All other words drown out. No. They're lying. She's not gone! SHE CAN'T BE! They'll pay for their lies! I pull out my bat. They'll pay.      

~POV Tyger~

     Who the hell is that? That persons covered in blood and... carrying a bloddied bat. I get out of the car slowly my hands shaking. "Xylo? I-is that you?"

     "What the hell happened to y-" Mev pauses. "Where's Y/N?"

      Xylo stands there blank and deadly quiet.

     "Xylo what happened!?" Mev shouts fearfully.

     "Mev," I grab his arm and pull him to the side. "Don't."

     Xylo points to Mev. "You're driving Austin and Ritch- who ever the hell he is." He turns to me. "You're driving the truck with Mario. I'll be in the back with him when he wakes up."

    "What do you mean wakes up? He's dead!" Mev screams angrily.

     "When I saw Tyger standing over that body I thought I recognised a necklace that a friend used to have." Xylo said blankly."But he was dead. And the reason I killed Austin's father."

     "I thought you said he was crazy?" Mev says acusingly.

     "Not many people set fire to a building people are in then laugh maniacaly as they shoot them on their way out." 

     "But how is that-" Mev started.

     "I don't know." He said as he hoped into the back of the truck with Mario. "And I don't care. He took my sister from me... He's lucky. If I didn't see his brother as family I might make him watch as his sibling bleeds to death... Slowly... Before his very eyes... Complaining about the cold." His voice shook at the last sentence.

     I turn to him. "Xylo I-"

     "Just drive." He says coldly. "If you'd prefer you can drop Austin and him off at the house and go our separate ways. You always liked things better when they were easier."

     Mev swallows. 

     "Okay. Let's go then." I hop in the drivers seat and start the truck. Y/N... I'm so sorry. I hardly knew you but... You deserved better.

~AN~

I know It's short but it's something.