What is even going on?

~POV Austin~

   That's impossible, he's dead!

   You know what's also impossible is the fact that my brother bled to death on a balcony and is still walking around.

   Give me one explanation as to how this is possible.

   Y/N sighs mentally. Okay, so there was this organization called Kurama.

   Isn't that the name of the medical facility that the doctor took us to?

   Yeah, the doctor was the first test subject. He was in critical condition. They didn't expect him to survive and they tested a serum called the life serum on him. It worked, but he went insane afterword and was put in Solitary Confinement.

   Was this legal?

   No.

   So what happened to the Solitary confinement?

   The infected happened.

   So about this life serum?

   Well after the doctor escaped the protective custody he gathered up a bunch of bandits and had them kidnap people in critical condition. He'd modified the serum every time he found a new 'patient'.

   How did he modify it?

   Many different ways.

   That doesn't sound good.

   For letters B through V it wasn't.

   Letters?

   That's what they called the experiments. 'Cause there were only 24 people survived said experiments.

   So are we his experiment's too?

   Yes, we are I'm Y and you're Z.

   What happened to this world?

   I don't know.

   I was snapped out of my conversation by the front door creaking open. Hey Y/N I gotta go check on something.

   Okay.

   I felt Y/N block off the link.

   I snuck downstairs careful to not make any noise. I saw Mev sleeping on the couch and Xylo closing the front door quietly.

   I sneak out the back door and follow Xylo from a distance.

   He heads over to the forest where he shot Box and casually slipped by where his remains were. The simple sight of this scene reminded me of the memory's that went with it. I approach the scene and gasp when the only things there are paw prints.

   I followed him till he stopped in a clearing. "You gonna keep following me from the shadows or are you gonna join me?"

   I freeze in my tracks.

   "Come on Panda," He turns around and looks directly at me. "I saw you when you were standing on the stairs. It's clear that I can't shake you or scare you off. We're lucky that we haven't run into any lurkers yet. Wouldn't it be easier to fight them together?"

   I slowly come into the clearing. "Scare me off?"

   He smirks slightly. "Box." His voice sounds so empty.

   I look away. "Do you regret killing him?"

   "I regret killing all but two people." He pauses. "Box isn't one of the two."