Just A Traveler

A/n: Takes place after the last episode of season 3

Claudia looked around with a frown, she had left the cave to gather some water and food but so far she could not find her way back. 

"I came this way...I can't be lost." She mumbled to herself as she walked around a tree. She frowned and walked around some more. She did not hear someone walking up behind her. She jumped as a voice asked, "Uh. Why are you spying on trees?" 

She turned around and found a tall elf looking at her. Yet, he was unlike the other elves she had  seen or heard about. His skin was light purple and seemed to shift darker around his hands. He had star-like freckles across his face. His eyes where a shade of gray but the sclera (white part of the eye) was pitch black.  His white hair was hanging down over his shoulders and he was giving her a strange look. 

"Oh...I...uh...who are you?" She asked. 

"Just a traveler, now can you answer my question about your spying on trees." He said. 

"I am just trying to find my way back to a cave nearby...why aren't you attacking me?" She asked. 

"I have no quarrel with humans. I prefer to avoid any type of issues that have to do with elves or humans. In short, I am not brave enough for politics." He replied. "Now. You said you were looking for a cave?" 

"That's right," She said. 

"Well I know of a few caves that should be nearby," He said adjusting a bag on his shoulder. 

"You do?" She asked. 

"Hmm. This way," He said. 

"Wait-how do I know I can trust you?" She asked. 

"Since I was able to sneak up on you and I didn't turn you into dust," He offered. 

"Fair enough," She said. "I am Claudia," 

"Toalis," He replied as he started to lead her through the trees. She followed him and eyed him not sure if she can trust him. Toalis slowed his walk and he walked over to a tree and bent down to a small bunch of flowers. 

"Something wrong?" She asked. 

"Naw. Just found something else I was looking for," He replied as he took a small knife from his boot and cut himself a bunch of the flowers. He put them into his bag and slid the knife away. 

"What are those?" She asked. 

"Well I forgot the name of them but they will be helpful in something I am working on," He said. 

"Oh." She said then followed him again. It took them a few moments before they reached an opening of a cave. 

Claudia looked at it and snapped. "Hey! You lead me back to the cave," 

"Yes. You needed help," He said, "Also here." 

He reached into his bag and tossed her a small bag. "They are a type of berries, very good and it often helps with the effects of Dark Magic. Well, farewell." 

Claudia looked at him startled as he started to walk away. "Wait!" She called. 

"Yes?" Toalis asked looking over at her. 

"How did you know I did Dark Magic or how do know things to help with it?" She asked. 

"Besides your hair is dark and then half white?" He offered. 

"Good point," She said. 

"As for knowing how to help with it. Well, I have dealt with it before and seen it before. So, I have learned a few things about it more so help to help lessen the effects." He said. 

"Huh. You are not like the other elves," she said. "Most think Dark Magic is all evil and dark...but it's the only magic humans can do." 

"Perhaps. I have seen stranger things," he said. 

"Really? Can you name one?" She asked. 

"I have seen a crow wearing a knitted pointed hat," He said. 

"Okay, but can you name two?" 

"Friend of mine was showing off his magic and it rebounded on them and turned them a fish." He said. "Want to hear more?" 

"No. You proved your point," She said. 

"Something I happen to be very good at." He said with a smirk. "Well, I better be off. Farewell, young dark mage." 

"Toalis? Can I ask you something else?" She called. 

"Sure," He said. 

"Why do you not hate dark magic like the other elves?" She asked. 

"Since if I were to hate dark magic I would have to hate one of my closet friends and his little brother." He replied. "I can't hate them so I look at dark magic from a different point of view." 

He gave her a slight bow before walking away before she could say anything more. As he tilted his head to one side. When he was there he sensed something he hadn't felt in a while. He then chuckled and said, "What are you planning now Aaravos? It should be interesting."