"What's your password?" Christian asked. Instead of telling him, Brad moved to type it in, but Joan swatted his hands away.

"No. You just washed those." She scolded him.

"Yeah, Brad. You just washed those." Christian reiterated.

He was really enjoying this. I mean like sadistically enjoying this.

"Fine." Brad grumbled. "It's wibleymwobbleytrimeywimey." We all looked over at him.

"I'm sorry, what?" Christian asked.

"wibleymwobbleytrimeywimey." Brad continued to mumble.

"I'm going to need you to speak up here, Brad." Christian said. He had the largest grin plastered on his face. It was almost as if he knew what Brad was mumbling. I could barely make out any of it.

"Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey." Brad said clearly in defeat. Christian muffled a laugh.

"I see your love for Doctor Who still hasn't left you." He joked.

"For your information, Christian, Doctor who is fantastic." Brad argued.

"I actually second that." I added. While I wasn't fully caught up with the show, I had made it through about six of the new seasons, and all of the classic Doctor Who.

"I don't think I've seen it before." Joan pondered for a moment, before admitting.

"Maybe we can watch an episode together sometime?" Brad asked her.

"I'd like that." Joan replied. She had her flirtatious yet nervous smile going that made Brad smile in return. I felt the fanboy in me die with happiness.

"Well, if we finish the pies in time, why don't we all watch an episode tonight?" Derek asked.

I shot him a glare at lightning speed as I tried to have him pick up on the signals that Brad had probably meant just him and Joan. As soon as his eyes met mine, he back tracked.

"Actually ya know, I completely forgot I had this thing. Another night though."

I gave him a nod of approval.

This clueless idiot was not about to stop Joan and Brad's alone time tonight.

-

The rest of the evening went by pretty effortlessly. Brad and Christian talked about the Gala while Brad assisted Joan in the kitchen. Every once in a while, Joan would struggle with cutting the apples, and Brad would place himself behind her to show her how to firmly hold the fruit down. Christian and I shared looks with each other.

They were so freaking cute.

By the time the pies had made it into the oven, I decided to take just a small power nap on Joan's comfy futon. I didn't remember falling asleep so hard, until I felt a pair of hands gently wake me.

"Alex." Christian spoke gently. "Time to wake up. Looks like the pies are done, and I think Brad and Joan are going to watch a movie together. I think we should leave the two love birds to it."

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, and when I glanced outside, it looked like darkness had already settled in. "What time is it?" I mumbled. The smell of baked pies flooded my nostrils. They smelt amazing.

"I think it might be going on ten now. Would you like to come back to my place tonight?" He asked me. I was going to say yes, but then I remembered I had actually done some cleaning today. I wanted to show off the fact that I could be a tidy human being when I wanted to.