Chapter Ten:

CHAPTER TEN:

"On a very serious note, it's not just the Wizarding world that's suffering. The new wizarding order is also affecting the Muggle world...badly."

"While Muggles remain ignorant of the source of their suffering, they continue to sustain, 'heavy casualties'."

"However, we do hear some truly inspirational stories of wizards and witches risking their own safety to protect Muggle friends and neighbors. Often, without the Muggle's knowledge! I'd like to appeal to all our listeners to emulate their example, perhaps by casting a protective charm over any Muggles dwelling in your street. Many lives can be saved if such simple measures are taken!"

"And what would you say to those listeners who reply that in these dangerous times, it should be, 'wizards first'?"

"I'd say that it's one short step from 'wizards first', to 'Purebloods first', and then to, Death Eaters. We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and is worth saving."

"Excellently put. So, for all those who want Britain-"

"free of Death Eaters-"

"and those who think Muggles should be protected,-"

"keep each other safe, keep faith, and help Harry Potter!"

"Yes! And we suggest that you continue to show your devotion to the man with the lightening scar by listening to..."

"POTTERWATCH!"

-

-

I was right when I said Charlie was going to ground me. I hadn't been allowed out of the house unaccompanied for nearly two weeks now except for school, of course, and for Yin Li to teach me how to apparate. It was a really disgusting sensation, worse then Floos and Portkeys, but after five lessons I managed to 'pass' the test Yin set me.

Although I now had the ability to literally disappear from my room, I knew that I'd done the wrong thing, and had obeyed the rules of my punishment, but I was starting to get serious cabin fever. Charlie was furious about my little disappearing trick, and I felt extraordinary bad as he spent about five minutes straight just yelling at me before hugging me and getting all tearful.

Way to make a girl feel like a class-A bitch.

One of the only positives was that Angela was still allowed to come over to visit. We did homework together and I started teaching her Arithmancy, a subject which fascinated my best female friend here in Forks, and she had enough ambient magic in her body and basic knowledge to be proficient at it. The fact that her latent magic wasn't enough to keep Edw- to keep him out of her head, while Charlie could, puzzled me but I put it down to our ancestors having an inclination towards the Mind Arts.

Arithmancy had never been my favorite subject at Hogwarts, but I found myself enjoying teaching her, and she was a keen student. In fact, I was finding myself having to start reading my Arithmancy textbooks again in order to be able to keep tutoring her.

Another thing I'd started doing in my far too large amounts of spare time was to read up on what the giant wolves I'd come across could be. I was still thinking shape-shifter. There were many different types of shape-shifters, but I'd narrowed it down to a legend I remembered in DADA my second year, about a type of wolf shape-shifter that had been named 'wisakachek' after the local legend about it.

It was a Native American legend of how the power to shape-shift was a gift given to mortals by a spirit-god known as (predictably) Wisakachek. He was a benevolent god and friend of all humans. He was the spirit-god who was the guardian over the ancient magical art of shape-shifting. He lived in the woods in his naturally occurring wolf form. One day, while traveling in his human form Wisakachek came across two Native American braves who were hunting. The braves had no idea who Wisakachek was in his human form, so Wisakacheck tricked them, telling them that he was from a neighboring tribe and that he had been traveling day and night and that he was famished. The braves shared their food and sent the stranger on with some leftovers.