doubt

Wooyoung sat perched on the back of the L shaped leather sofa situated in the corner of the training room.

His eyes darted back and forth, following a sweaty blur as it paced around the center of the room delivering kicks and jabs to a padded stationary figure mounted upright to a pedestal.

As he watched, his mind drifted about aimlessly, never remaining on one specific topic. He had been a man of distracted thoughts and half-hearted actions after things ended with Ji-Yeon.

It wasn't particularly due to the fact that he had deep feelings for her, or the one before, but he would be lying if he said that it didn't affect him to be used and pushed aside like that.

The world had always shown little to no mercy for Wooyoung.

He glanced over at the training dummy being struck with consecutive blows and couldn't help but feel that it somehow resembled his very own persona.

He thought that if his life were a movie, that image would depict his mental and emotional state, just standing there with his arms spread being pummeled by life's sickening ways. The perfect way to portray it.

In an obvious attempt at defense he began to push people away at an early age. Exhausted from putting up that fight, his heart grew decrepit and somber in its shut cage over the years.

He had lost hope on finding whoever had a key to open it again.

Wooyoung had learned to navigate those sullen feelings into anger, a tougher and heavier emotion. It made him feel strong.

He let his body go limp and slid down the back of the couch, as if melting to the ground. When he reached the floor, he used the balls of his feet to spring upward into a standing position, shaking his lilac waves out of his eyes.

He made his way to the equipment stand that was tucked in the other corner of the room, next to the windows that replaced the wall and overlooked the city from the 21st floor.

Grabbing a pair of red sparring gloves, he slid his fingers through the open ends. He flexed his hands in the gloves to get them properly positioned as he lumbered over, slapping his bare feet against the black mat covering the floor.

As he got closer, the other glanced to the side noticing him standing there, eyes darting to his gloved fists.

The boy rolled his eyes with an audible huff escaping his lips, not stopping or breaking his rhythm. The blows continued to smack against the pads creating loud claps that reverberated around the room.

While he jabbed his inanimate victim he breathed, "I. Am. Not. Fighting. You. Woo," exhaling with each blow.

He stepped back, guard up and approached again.

Wooyoung feigned disappointment as his lips pushed out in a pout, eyelids fluttering against his cheek, watching him from a distance.

"But Jongie, you haven't even given Woo-Woo a chance," Wooyoung cooed with a cringe worthy high pitched baby voice.

Adding to the cute act, he shyly touched his pointer fingers together and kicked the ground.

That made Jongho stop and anger flushed his face as he stepped towards the older getting ready to strike.

Wooyoung retreated with a hearty laugh and held up his hands in surrender before he regret it.

The younger halted his approach narrowing his eyes and raised a pointed finger to his friend,

"NEVER do that again." His jokingly stern tone accompanied the humor that flashed in his eyes as he stepped away to grab water.

Wooyoung met Jongho a couple of years ago during a restaurant altercation that he surprisingly hadn't started that time.