XXXI |

After Isabelle and Alexander publicly announced their marriage, this news dominated the headlines for a full week. In that week, people didn't fail to secretly take photos of Isabelle and Alexander out on the streets or eating a meal.

With those very candid photos of the week, another topic rose to the Facebook top searches: [Unconventionally Warm Man Alexander].

The reason for this was simple - the Alexander in the photos appeared cold and distant, but he would always do something thoughtless that would reveal his true inner feelings.

For example, there was a video of Isabelle choosing towels where Alexander wore a dull look on his face and stood far away, swiping his phone screen as though he wasn't concerned. However, in just forty short seconds of the video, he sneaked a glance over at Isabelle twelve times. According to people online, the shortest glance lasted under a second, and the longest was over five seconds.

For another example, there was a photo taken by a fan of Isabelle and Alexander in an elevator. When the elevator got a little unbearably full of people, Alexander stood with a cold look on his face, but his eyes never looked towards Isabelle's smiling face. No one knew what Isabelle was jabbering on about but he never once opened his mouth to speak. Instead, throughout the elevator journey, he kept his hand raised around Isabelle's head. His gesture could be seen as him being afraid that someone might accidentally bump into her head in the crowded elevator.

In the topic [Unconventionally Warm Man Alexander], there was one particular comment that got over three hundred likes: [He's not a cold person, you're just not the person he wants to be warm with.]

-

Eventually, the headliner that overshadowed Alexander and Isabelle's news was the polls.

This year, Hollywood's major picture needed to cast a female celebrity, and the character was going to be chosen with the poll method.

There were some things Isabelle might've casually said... yet Alexander clearly remembered that her dream was to become the queen of the silver screen.

If a celebrity wanted to make it big, to become a queen of the silver screen, then they needed to have determination and a portfolio of works. It was impossible to do so without several years under their belt.

This time, Hollywood's poll was the chance for a female celebrity to undoubtedly propel their career.

Since Isabelle had already completed a few projects, if she got this role, she wouldn't be far off from becoming the queen of the silver screen.

So Alexander signed her up for it.

Isabelle didn't know about it until she was sent a letter to York Garden informing her that she'd been shortlisted.

In truth, Isabelle didn't really want to be the queen of the silver screen when she entered the entertainment industry, all she wanted was to become the best screen couple with Alexander. Now that they were husband and wife, she had achieved more than she'd ever dreamed.

She was considering to stop filming, but then Alexander had already signed her up and she also got shortlisted. If she was to outright reject it, then she'd be taking Alexander's wishes for granted. What's more, after he stopped production for "Love at First Sight", Isabelle had been quite free, and so she decided to give this Hollywood casting poll her all.

After all, Isabelle right now didn't represent just herself. She was also Mrs. Smith, and she couldn't embarrass Alexander.

The Hollywood casting selection was no different from most of variety show competitions. There were three stages; the selection process, the top eight, and the finals.