XXIX | love you enough to not let go

Alexander turned into another store the moment they exited the bag store even though he had said that they would head home soon.

Isabelle stopped at the entrance of the store and tugged at his arm. "Alexander, didn't you say we were going back?"

Alexander nodded lightly before replying quietly, "Yea, but I'm a little stuffed from lunch. Let's shop for a while to walk it off before going back."

-

When they were really done, Isabelle realized that 'shop for a while' meant that he wanted to scour through every shop in ACR.

Initially, he would still seek Isabelle's opinion, asking if she liked the item. Whenever she hesitated before shaking her head, he would signal for his assistant to get the item. She would try to reason with him or stop his assistant him from buying the item but the assistant would only listen to Alexander's instructions, ignoring her objections.

Gradually, she started to brighten up. Whenever Alexander asked for her opinion, she would shake her head resolutely. In the beginning, Alexander would believe that she truly didn't like the item but after she continuously shook her head for less than ten minutes, he detected her little act, buying everything he wanted without asking her. It was much more decisive and domineering that Camila had been in the bag store.

Even Camila who had suggested the idea initially was left stunned by his actions, she couldn't help leaning over to whisper to Isabelle, "Izzy, what did you tell Mr. Smith? Is he trying to empty the entire ACR?"

Just then, Alexander pointed to a dress. He turned to ask which color she preferred but when she didn't respond, he got his assistant to buy every color the dress came in.

Camila stared on anxiously. "Wa! Mr. Smith is going crazy!"

But so dashing at the same time.

 -

When Isabelle got into the car, she saw a bouquet of fresh flowers in the back seat. Just as she was going to ask where Alexander had gotten them from, she saw there was a card between the beautiful and delicate flowers. She grabbed it and saw the three simple words Alexander had written, "For Mrs. Smith."

A lovely smile blossomed on her face, and she pulled out her phone. She hugged the fresh flowers up to take a selfie with the peace sign, a pout, a puppy dog eyes look, and a joyful smile.

Alexander, who was focused on driving at the time, saw her small motions in the rear view mirror. His expression was cold as usual, yet there was an obvious hint of a smile in his eyes.

-

The previous night at the bar, James had drank until he passed out. When he opened his eyes, he got this feeling like he didn't know what day or year it was. He drunkenly lay on the sofa in deep asleep. He remembered that people couldn't find a number to call to take him away last night, so all they could do was leave him there in a private room.

James's head hurt like crazy from his hangover. He lay there dizzily for a while before searching through his pockets. After rummaging for a really long time, he couldn't find his phone. Then he remembered that he had thrown it in the car, upset with Mrs. Williams's constant calls.

He rubbed his slightly painful head and got up from the sofa. He slept in a poor position, so his entire body was exhausted and in pain. The bartender was fast asleep, so James didn't disturb him. Instead, he pulled out a wad of cash, placed it by his ear, and left.

When James went outside, he realized that it was already nightfall. Though he was sober again, he was still a little dazed. He went round the row of cars parked outside to find his own and got in. He grabbed his phone to find that it had turned itself off because there was no more battery left.