5.7| TRUTH REVEALED.

Chapter dedication: someone_random111

Song recommendation for the chapter: PSYCHO KILLER - TALKING HEADS. 🎧🎶🎶🎶

*

April glared at Lee, her painted lips pulling back into a mocking sneer. "How many times do I have to tell you common folks that I am indeed a bitch, huh? Name calling don't do jack to me because I've been called a lot worse by other people."

Lee planted her arms on her waist and tilted her head to the side. "It's not surprising, really. I don't know or care what you are doing here, but you have to leave. Can't you see that I am in a conversation with Chris?"

"Yeah, what a conversation it is. Did he tell you that we are also engaged?"

Lee widened her eyes, schooling her expression into what she hoped looked like shock. "R-really?" she turned to Chris, giving April her back. She winked at him. "Chris, is that true? Are you truly engaged to her?"

Thank God Chris' eyes looked red rimmed from crying earlier. He grimaced at her, his head dipping down to hide a smile that Lee saw, but wasn't visible to April. "Yes. I am so sorry, Ledia."

Lee pinched her thigh so hard that tears sprang into her eyes. "Oh my God, Chris. How. . ." she sniffed, then turned to face April. "What did you do to him, you bitch! He is mine. I won't let you have him. That will not happen while I'm alive."

April laughed sardonically. "From the first since I met you, Ledia Arden, you finally said something sensible."

Lee glanced at Chris, wondering what the crazy bitch was up to now. "What do you mean?"

"You won't be alive when I marry him." She reached into her purse, withdrew a 9mm. Beretta, and levelled it at Lee. "You two must think I am so stupid."

Lee's blood turned to ice. Somehow when she envisioned meeting April again and pretending that she was sad and annoyed with Chris, she never imagined it ending with a gun pointed at her.

Chris stood up and came to stand beside Lee, a frown on his face. "What are you doing, April? Please lower the gun and let's talk."

"Talk?!" She chuckled. "You must really think me to be a fool, Christopher Ross. I can't believe this."

Lee puffed her cheeks in attempt to soothe her pounding heart. There was no telling what the crazy woman would do, so they needed to be careful when addressing her.

"April," Lee said slowly, her hands extended in front of her, palms turned up in surrender. "Let's not do anything rash."

"What were you saying earlier, huh? He is yours? What a dreamer you are, Ledia Arden. Chris belongs to me and only me. No one would ever have him if I don't have him. I'll kill them instead."

"Come on, April. I already agreed to marry you."

"That's a lie." She grinned. "I know you were going to pull a stunt like this when she came visiting, which was why I planted voice and video bugs all over your house. I must say, you really don't disappoint, Christopher."

Lee sucked in a breath. Everything seemed to be getting worse as the minutes ticked by. "How much did you hear?"

"Enough to know that he doesn't intend to marry me in two days. Imagine me going all around to make the day perfect and special for both of us, meanwhile you're reuniting with your old lover and planning to bring me down." She tsked. "You shouldn't have tried to double cross me, Ross. You made a mistake the minute you spilled your guts to your father and your nosy friend."