Heel turn

So Colby started to get a lot of heat after the hell in a cell PPV because it got stopped by the official because the fiend was out not moving.
It got worse because he then lost the universal title at crown jewel and he was getting so much hate that he didn't know what to do so he went to his finance.
Colby: I just cannot understand what they want from me. Everything I do is for them and you.
Rebecca: Colby maybe after survivor series you should turn heel. I mean I will love you baby face or heel just think if you turn heel maybe the crowd will love you as a baddie like I do.
Colby stood up and hugged Rebecca and kissed her he knew that she was right the only opinion that mattered to him was hers.

Colby went into Vince's office and sat there across from triple h and they had a long discussion on how he was going to turn heel and that's when triple h came up with the idea of him with the AOP. Colby thought that was a good idea because he would be the leader of the group and he also would be the veteran of the group and he got excited to show AOP the ropes and maybe learn something new from them as well.

So the day of RAW that he was turning heel he knew what he was going to say after the assault on Kevin Owens and if he did it right he would be full baddie after he stomped Kevin Owens on the concrete and once he turned hell he felt good and he all of a sudden didn't care about what the WWE universe thought of him. The only opinions that mattered to him was AOP, Triple H and Rebecca.
Now that he was heel he walked backstage and saw Rebecca standing their smiling and she hugged him and whispered in his ear ' burn it down with straight fire'. He knew from that statement alone that he was doing the right thing for his career.