21 : I'll Bribe Them If You Let Me Live

Comenzar desde el principio

Hannah groans as Keith lets out a loud bark of laughter and lets herself fall on the hood of the car, pretending to be asleep. 

"Dude, did you check out YouTube? You're amazing dance moves are killing people all over." Keith tells me excitedly.

I scowl and punch him in the stomach, catching him in a dead headlock. "You douchebag, it's not even funny. I was more like crawling and being a clumsy drunk instead of dancing. How could you ruin my reputation by shooting that video? How will I even get accepted in Juilliard."

"I'll bribe them if you let me live." He says, grasping for air as his face turns red due to lack of oxygen. 

I shake my head and tsk. "Nah-uh. Not good enough."

"I'LL DELETE THE VIDEO, LET ME LIVE, WOMAN!" He somehow manages to scream in short spurts causing me and Hannah to groan as I leave him and clutch my head. 

"You better." I mumble and follow Hannah's position, it seemed comfortable. "Ugh, today is our first day of practice. Miss Bradley will surely kill me along with this hangover." Hannah pats my back sympathetically.

"Clara?" Keith calls out and I hmm. "Why is the Satan and his troop looking our way?"

I perk up at Satan's mention and am immediately by Keith's side, following his gaze to where Stefan and his friends are leaning around on his car. Hannah comes and leans onto Keith too. Emily and Ethan are chuckling as Drew throws me an amused smile and I find myself heating up. Well, I think I'm heating up because of that and not because of that weirdly intense gaze of Stefan's I can feel all through the distance.

"Maybe he's planning to lose the captaincy spot to me." I shrug out a lie on spot knowing very well that that might not be the case. Maybe just like me, he's thinking of last night too.

Oh God, kill me now!

Keith looks at me seriously while speaking his next words. "Babe, you gotta win this thing at any cost, we can't let him take that spot. He'll ruin you if he does."

"On it." I smirk. I hear the warning bell ring and lift myself on my tippy toes and kiss his cheeks. "I gotta run. Take care of Han!" I throw over my shoulder as I run towards the double doors that lead inside the school.

I rush towards my locker and put in the combination to get my English notes. As I pull open the metal door, a red rose catches my attention. It is pasted on the side of my door with cello tape beside a picture of me, Keith and Hannah from last year's Homecoming. A white piece of paper is attached to it.

I frown in confusion and look around the hallway to see if anyone lingers around long enough to catch my reaction to this, if this is meant for me, and maybe I can spot them. Or who knows, this was for someone else, most possibly Hannah, but they got the locker wrong instead?

Most students are running to their classes to not be late while others are dragging themselves to their classes, seeming like they want to be late and miss a few minutes of their boring lectures. Among them is Stefan who is standing at his locker with Emily who is chatting non-stop about who knows what and the former seems bored as hell. He catches my eyes when I look his way but I look away before I could get distracted.

I slowly and carefully rip out the rose and the note and open the single fold to check if this was really meant for me. If it was for Hannah, I'd be guilty for reading it first but I know she wouldn't mind. After all, it was placed in my locker and she always shows me the 'love letters' she gets.

You look pretty even when you're a mess. Have a nice day, beautiful.

PS : I didn't know what flowers you liked to I went with the cliché red rose. Though I promise everything won't be a cliché after this.