Chapter 17

BANG!

I thought I was gonna die right then and there but nothing happened. I opened my eyes and I  saw Brennen on the floor holding his leg as he yelled in pain. Kat called the police and untied all of us. Sam was unconscious and Colby ran to his side telling him everything would be okay but Sam wouldn't respond. Stella collapsed into mine hanging on for dear life. After the police came they took Brennen away in handcuffs as he shot death glares at us. There were two ambulances outside too so  they Stella in a stretcher and put her in one of them and they did the same to Sam and Colby rode with him and I rode with Stella and Kat went back home to tell the others
what happened.
-Time skip-
(I don't know what doctors say or what they do tbh so sorry in advance)
The doctors took them to a hospital room.
Nurse- What are your relations with them.
Colby- They're our family.
Nurse- Names?
Jake- Sam Golbach and Stella Lynn.
Nurse- Okay go, I'm gonna go see what we're dealing with okay?
We nodded and went into the waiting room which we had to stay in for awhile since they had to make sure Sam and Stella was okay.
After what seemed like forever a male doctor finally came out and Colby and I stood up.
Jake- A-Are they okay?
Doctor- They have broken several ribs and minor cuts and bruises but they should be fine.
Colby- Thank goodness.
Doctor- You mind telling me what happened to them?
Colby- W-We don't know.
Part of that was true, we didn't know what more Brennen had done to them. I shuddered as the image of their shaking bodies when Brennen tased them resurfaced my memory.
Colby- Can we see them?
Doctor- Their asleep right now but yes, come with me.
We followed him into the room they took them into when we first arrived.
We went inside and saw that they were in hospital beds that were a foot away from each other and they were in hospital gowns and bandaged. The only sound that filled the air was the beeping from the heart monitors.
We sat on a couch across from them and looked at them feeling guilty.
Jake- It's my fault she's hooked up to that heart monitor unconscious in that hospital bed. If I hadn't left her alone I could've-
Colby- Stop this isn't your fault there's no way you could've known, I didn't know, for fucks I was best friends with a fucking rapist! It's my fault for trusting him.
Jake- It's our fault for trusting him and we will make him pay if ever tries to get anywhere near them again.
Colby nodded as with a stern loom on his face as tears fell from his eyes.
Stella- Why are you guys crying?
My head snapped towards Stella and I saw that she was trying to sit up but I quickly rushed to her side and gently pushed her back down.
Jake- Take it easy you'll hurt yourself.
Stella- What happened?
I explained to everything that had happened and she was shocked but relieved.
Stella- B-Brennen's going to prison?
Colby- Yes for good, apparently he's been doing this for a while to multiple people both being men and women.
Stella- I knew he was sick but I didn't think he was that sick.
Jake- None of us did, but he's gone now it's over.
She nodded and it seemed like something was bothering her and she kept looking at Sam frowning.
Jake- What did Brennen do to him?
Stella- H-He tortured him, filled his brain with false things, he wasn't his normal cheerful self anymore and his eyes were no longer icy blue instead they were grey. It-
Colby- What?
Stella- It's like it's Sam but it's not Sam does that make sense?
Colby- Unfortunately yes. What did Brennen tell him?
Colby was angry and so was I, just look at what Brennen caused none of us knew he could do something like this.
Stella- H-He told Sam you didn't love him, that you never did. That you kissed Jake and that you're in love with him, that no one cares about him and n-never will.
At this point Stella was in tears and she had guilt and pain in her eyes and Colby was furious.
Stella- I-Is that true?
Jake- Is what true?
Stella- You and Colby, are you-
Colby- Of course not, Brennen told us to tell the others we were together and Brennen told us to prove it to them so we kissed but it meant nothing. I love Sam more than I love myself, he's my whole world.
Sam and Colby were made for each other and if you didn't have one you didn't have the other.
I looked over and saw that Sam was awake but he was just laying there staring at the ceiling.