Bonus Chapter

I stare down at the bright pink plus sign in complete shock. I'm pregnant. Oh my god, I'm pregnant! I jump up and down, squealing in delight.

"Sephie, are you okay? What happened?" Mia asks, her worried voice muffled by the bathroom door. I swing the door open, jumping into her arms, surprising her.

"It's positive!" I tell her, glowing with joy.

"I'm so happy for you!" Mia says, holding my face in her hands.

"I'm going to be a mommy," I say, tearing up a little.

"Good luck, Mila is already driving Silas and me insane," Mila says jokingly. Mila is just starting to get the hang of walking and every time I come over, Mia is chasing after her little chubby body.

"You are going to be an amazing mom," Mia adds on, giving me a squeeze.

"Just like you," I tell her.

Later on that day, I put the positive test in my purse, preparing myself to tell Dominic when I get home. I give Mia and Silas a hug goodbye, and pick Mila up, kissing her chubby cheek.

"I'll see you later," I tell her and she stares back me, curly hair and wide grey eyes.

"Ti-ti!" She says, not yet able to say aunty. I kiss her cheek again and set her down.

In the car, I wave out my window at them as I back out of the driveway. The nerves catch up to me when I'm on our block. I have no doubt that Dominic will be ecstatic to learn that he's going to be a dad but I just don't how to bring up the subject.

I close the car door behind me and come inside the house, setting my keys on the counter. I can smell the delicious scent of food cooking in the kitchen.

"You started dinner already?" I say coming into the kitchen and looking at Dominic, who is standing above a pot with steam rising from it.

"Spaghetti and meatballs. It will be done in second," He says, turning his head to send a dazzling smile my way. I feel the familiar flutter in my stomach, still there after nearly a year of marriage.

"You didn't have to," I tell him. With Lisa's guidance, I'm no longer a danger in the kitchen so I do the cooking most of the time.

"You're right. I wanted to," At his words, I place a kiss on his scruffy cheek.

"Thank you," I say.

When everything is done, I help Dominic set the table. Afterward, I sit across from him, wondering how I'm going to bring up the subject of my pregnancy.

"How was it at Mia's house?" Dominic asks. I take a deep breath. This is my chance.

"Do you remember that day at the hospital?" I ask suddenly. Dominic looks at me in confusion.

"When I had the miscarriage," I add on.

"Of course I do," He tells me, still confused.

"Do you remember what you told me?"

"Yes, of course," Dominic says, looking baffled now.

"I think that day has come."

Dominic stares at me with wide eyes I go through my purse and set the pregnancy test on the table. He picks it up and stares at it with no reaction for a second. Fear builds up in the pit of my stomach and I wonder if I miscalculated what his reaction would be. Then a blinding smile crosses his face.

"Sephie..." His voice is thick with emotion so I come around the table and sit in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm going to be a dad," He says, embracing me.

"A good one," I add on.

"I guess we have a new addition to our forever, now."