Chapter Thirty-Five

I stare at myself in the floor-length mirror, admiring the beauty of the white dress. The sweetheart neckline hugs me in the most flattering way, the delicate white lace detailing and Swarovski crystals simply stunning. The dress hugs me all the way down to my hips, where it flares out, the crystals getting sparse, only a faint glimmer until they disappear at the knee.

I wanted to straighten my hair but Mia had other ideas, twisting a few strands and arranging my curls in an elegant bun at the back of my head. Dee did my makeup, a natural look with a soft rose blush and a lipstick to match. I couldn't even recognize the girl in the mirror, she was radiant and beautiful all at once. Or better yet, she was here all along, I just couldn't see her. Dominic's words from all those nights ago repeat themselves in my head, ringing truer over time. I am beautiful, I tell myself. This time, I believe it.

"You look gorgeous," Mia says, coming behind me and wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug.

"I know," I tell her, admiring myself.

"I've been trying to get you to see that for years," Mia says with a playful eye roll.

"We've found it," She says, voice suddenly thick with emotion.

"What?" I ask, brow creasing with worry.

"Happiness. We used to talk about this when we were little girls, how we'd meet the loves of our lives and get married and have kids. We finally got it, after everything we've been through."

"It's like a fairytale come true," I whisper, my voice thick with emotion too now.

"What did I tell you about making the bride cry," Judy's shrill voice makes us jump, ending the sentimental moment.

"You're lucky you have on water proof mascara, Dee would have a stroke if she had to redo your makeup."

"Judy! You nearly gave us a stroke," Mia says.

"Look at my future daughter in law," Judy cries out when she sees the dress.

"Simply stunning. I couldn't have asked for a better woman for my son," She tells me, hands on my shoulder while appraising me.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me," I tell her, trying to keep tears at bay.

"I trust you'll take good care of my boy," She says, looking like she's going to cry now.

"You have my word."

"Then get your behind out there. He's waiting."

"Oh my god, it's time already!" I say, freaking out.

"It is. Don't fret, my love. You'll be perfect out there," Judy says, before kissing both of my cheeks. Mia gives me a hug before leaving to take her place as my bridesmaid.

I'm left alone in the little room. I go stand by the door and I can hear the music the bridesmaid and best man walk out to. When the song changes it will be my cue to walk down the isle. I take a couple of deep breaths, rehearsing my vows.

The music changes and I follow my cue. I can do this, I tell myself. I step out of the room into the outdoors, Lifting my dress so it won't drag on the sand. A couple of white chairs are set out, an isle between them. All of our close friends and family are here, giving me encouraging looks. Across from me stands Dominic, so handsome in his black suit that I forget how to breathe for a second. Next to him is Silas, in a blue suit and on his other side is Mia, in a blue dress, holding her six-month-old baby girl who is in a light blue frilly dress. In the background of all of them, the blue ocean waves crash onto the shore.

I walk to the beat of the soft music played by the violinist, my eyes on Dominic's the whole time. I feel no fear now, knowing that everything is going to be alright just from looking into his eyes.

I finally reach Dominic and I'm standing across from him, my hands in his big strong ones.

We repeat after the minister, the whole time we look into each other's eyes, tears of happiness flooding mine. When it's our turn to say our vows, Dominic goes first.

"Sephie, no man has known the happiness I feel in this moment, standing in front of you. You complete me, in a way no other person on this earth can. The day when I first laid eyes on you I knew that fate was shining down on us. I will spend every day of my life showing you how thankful I am that you let me into your heart. You are my destiny, Sephie." Tears are flowing down my cheeks when he's done, pure joy shining through me. I start my vows before I get too choked up to speak.

"Dominic, before I met you I was lost. You didn't necessarily find me, but you help me find myself and for that, I am forever thankful. You helped me see the beauty in myself and in the world. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you. You captured my heart and it's forever yours now."

Tears glimmer on my cheeks as the minister tells Dominic to kiss his bride. He leans down and his lips brush over mine softly.

"Forever," He whispers.

"Forever," I promise.

A/N: I'm seriously in tears right now

A/N: I'm seriously in tears right now. I can't believe this is the last chapter. Sephie finally got the happy ending she dreamed of with Dominic. For those of you who got this far in the book, I'm so thankful that you took the time to read my story. I thank each and every one of you for your support.