Chapter Twenty

The two pink lines stared back at me on both of the tests. I don't know if I should be worried or happy, so I just stick to shocked.

"What does it say," Mia asks anxiously from behind me.

"They're both positive," I breath out, still staring at those two pink lines.

"Oh my god. Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod," Mia's high pitched said in quick succession.

"What are you going to do?" I ask her, putting the tests down and facing her. "I'll be there for you one hundred percent of the way no matter what path you choose to take."

"I think... I think I'm going to do it. I'm going to be a mom," She says in a low whisper. I yelp, pulling her up in my arms and spinning her around.

"I'm going to be an aunty!" I scream loudly before putting her down.

"Aunt Sephie," Mia says with a smile.

"That reservation I gave you guys is for tomorrow night. You can break the news to Silas then," I tell her.

"I don't know how he'll feel about this," Mia says nervously.

"Silas loves you. I see the way he looks at you like you're his whole world. You have nothing to worry about," I reassure her, squeezing her hand.

"Thank you, Sephie. I couldn't have asked for a better sister.

***

Dominic still hasn't called. I anxiously pick at my coffee cake, trying to rationalize it in my head. Maybe he's busy? Or he just needs space? But that insecurity lingers in the back of my mind. He could be tired of me and now that he's had time away from our relationship he realizes that he's out of my league. Or he met another girl, a girl who's slender and beautiful and experienced in bed. My stomach twists, the thought of Dominic with another woman too much to handle.

"You look anxious today," I jump in surprise at the sudden sound. Chris has walked over and sat next to me in the coffee nook without me even noticing.

"Sorry for startling you," He says.

"What do you want?" I ask, still a little mad at his actions from the fair. Most of the anger has worn off from our time apart but the wound still hurts.

"I want to apologize...If you'll let me," He says, with pleading eyes.

"Fine, but that doesn't mean I'll forgive you," I tell him. Chris has been my friend for a long time and I miss our friendship. He was a big part of why I took the job at the bookshop. Working with him was fun and now that we aren't on good terms the only person I have talked to is Leah and the new girl who tried to hit on Dominic.

"Sephie, I really did like you but I just wasn't man enough to tell you. And it is true, I did want to wait until I was ready for a commitment to pursue you. Dominic was a rude awakening for me, that if I didn't make my move you would move on. I did it in the worst way possible and I lost a good friend in the process. Even though it still stings a little, I'm happy that you're with Dominic. I can tell he really cares about you. I know I really messed up but I don't want to lose your friendship."

I soak in his words for a while, keeping quiet. He does sound genuinely sorry and he admitted that he messed up.

"I don't want to lose your friendship either. I hope things won't be awkward between us," I say, giving in.

"They won't! We'll pretend none of this ever happened," He says eagerly.

"I still don't trust you," I admit.

"I know and I'm going to do everything in my power to fix that."

Really short chapter today but I hoped you guys liked it. If you did, please leave a vote.