Chapter 12: The Secret

Start from the beginning

"Hey! What are you two lovebirds talking about?" Nayeon interupted our little 'sweet' moment.

"Nothing. We just have to go back to our classes." I excused.

"Okay then. Wait... what time is it?"

"Uh, 1:05...? Wait! We just have 5 minutes left before our class begin!"

"Wait, Dubs. You're not afraid of being late in class before, right? So why hurry now?" Whoa, I haven't realized that at all.

"Well, now that I already have a girlfriend of course I have to be responsible, so see ya!" I grabbed Sana's hand and dashed through the hallways.

"Oh my-"

"Dahyun is holding THAT girl's hand!?"

"I thought he hated her!?"

"Are they dating for real!?"

"Or maybe she's just using oppa for his money!"

Tsk. I will get back at that last one. Those creepy fangirls...

When we already reached the classroom, I stop a little second for us to breathe. Then, I twisted the doorknob only to see our classmates looking at us. The teacher isn't here yet, what a relief.

"Dahyun-oppa is early today!"

"That's new."

"Omo. And he's with Sana, too!"

"He's holding her hand!"

"Aren't you going to come inside, Mr. Kim and Ms. Minatozaki?" I jumped a little bit when I heard our teacher said behind us.

"U-Uh... y-yes, of course."

Sana removed her hand from mine and entered the room. She smiled at my direction as she does so.

I smiled mentally.

Timeskip (After School)

School seems to end fast. I don't care, though. I'm so eager to go out with Sana. I haven't even noticed that she's already in front of me, and that everyone had exited the classroom.

"Dahyunie. Let's go?" She told me while smiling. I smiled back and nodded.

I held her hand as she leaned closer to me while giving me her cute smile. Height difference is annoying, tho. Yep, she's way taller than me. She doesn't seem to mind, and that's what I love about her.

But lately, I've been noticing that the smiles she gives me seems to be fake. Like, she's happy yet she's still gloomy.

"Where would you take me to, Dahyunie?" Her sweet voice interrupted me from my negative thoughts.

"It's a surprise." She giggled and kept silent after. Her smile turning into a frown but after a while, she changed it back.

I shrugged it off as we hopped inside my car. As I drove to the location where I would take her, Sana just stared out the window, making us fall into an uncomfortable silence.

Something's really odd about her today...

Timeskip

"Here we are, Sana-chan." I told her as we stopped in front of a Japanese Restaurant. But this woman didn't hear me, I guess... "Sana-chan?"

"H-Huh? Oh, sorry for that, Dahyunie. I was just thinking of... something." Strange...

"No, it's okay. Let's go inside, shall we?" She nodded but she didn't gave me her smile like she used to. Okay, something's really off about her.

"Yokoso (welcome), Sir and Ma'am. Table for two?"

"Yes please." I answered the waiter and we proceed to follow him as he lead us to a table.

"Oh and uhm... can we just order later? Me and my girlfriend will just talk for a moment." I requested. I'm really curious about what's happening to my love.

"Okay, sir." And the waiter had left us.

"Sana-chan... I can't take this anymore, what's been bothering you?" I became straightforward, I can't bear to see my girlfriend this down.

"D-Dahyunie... remember when I told you that I've been in a compensated dating when we we're broke?"

"Yes?"

She sighed. "Well, our family is still broke. That's the reason why father won't let me be free to date someone else. So, when my parents are gone one night, I took the chance to run away from our home. I requested Mina and Momo to take me with them to South Korea. They have been searching for me ever since, up until now..." So that's why something's very strange about her.

"Look, Sana-chan." I held her hand to comfort her. "We'll get through your problem, together. Yes, I will help you. You said that your father just engaged you into this kind of agreement because your family is broke, right?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"If money is what he want, then I'll give him what he wanted. I will also pay for your family's debts."

"W-Wait, what?"

"I have a lot of money. The money of the one you're dating, it's nothing compared to mine. So, just tell your father to stop that kind of agreement, okay?"

"A-Are you sure a-about this?"

"I'm sure." I answered with no hesitations. If that's the only solution to their problem, so be it. Nothing could ever come between our love for each other.

"T-Thank you so m-much, D-Dahyunie." She warmly smiled at me as tears escaped her eyes.

I immediately wiped off her crystal tears. "Shh... it's okay. I also wanted to thank you for being the best girlfriend I could ever have." I held her hand tight as she nodded her head.

"Y-You're also the b-best boyfriend I have."

"Now, should we eat?"

After I called the waiter and ordered our meal, Sana and I have a little chat. We continued to laugh and tell each other our amazing stories in life. After our food had arrived, we ate in a comfortable peace. When we've finished, I drove her to her apartment, where she live with Momo. Oh, and she haven't forgotten to kiss me on the cheek before entering the said establishment.

I smiled all the way home. As I drove, I realized that we still haven't kissed in the lips at all. Oh well, we still have to wait for the right moment.

I love that girl so much...

To be continued...