Chapter 4: Better than the past

Sana's POV

I didn't know that someone so arrogant and harsh towards others will be this fragile boy that is hugging me.

I felt pity for this guy, I didn't know that he holds something like this. Who would have thought that this guy is the one who's clearly the boss of our school, held this grudge for how long? If you don't know who he was, you wouldn't have thought that the ignorant one and this guy is the same person.

"S-Sana, I-I'm sorry if I stained your hoodie with my tears." Aww... now he's apologizing, how cute.

"Don't worry. Here, you can take it." I took off my hoodie and held it out for him.

"Y-You s-sure?" I nodded and smiled at him. He looked like a confused puppy with that look. "T-Thank you." He smiled at me.

Now I know why girls are falling head over heels for him. With just his slight smile he can be so charming and dreamy at the same time.

"You know, I never expected you to do this in front of me. I mean, you hated me before, right?"  I told him while he's still snuggling with me.

"Y-Yeah, I know. I also didn't expect that it'll turn out like this." He replied while chuckling.

"But there's one thing that I wanted to ask you." I questioned seriously.

"Go on."

"Why do you hate me? Like, why are you always so cold and frustrated to me even when I just bumped into you?" I asked him and he looked down.

"I-I... I don't know the reason why, but... I just hated your innocence. It always irritated me but I never knew how and why. Maybe I just felt envious that, you can always smile, you never worry about things. Its like, you never encountered any problems at all. While I... I was left by the person that's so special to me, I'm always being scolded by my grandpa when I just used our money to treat my friends because I'm afraid that they'll leave me too, and my parents... money is just what matters to them, they don't even knew that I'm a spoiled brat and I'm attending the school of JYPH. My life is full of problems, nobody can ever vanished the darkness inside of me." He explained those things to me and started crying after.

I never wanted to see someone cry, it hurts a lot for me. Even when a stranger is crying, I felt their pain too.

No, not all day can I smile. I also felt this pain and agony that he feels. I used those smile to hide it away. Never I have such a blessed life. Just because of being together with my parents, that we get to stood up on our poor life. I feel this guy, although our only opposite with each other is that our family is still together while his are overseas...

"I feel you, Dahyun-ssi. My life isn't just full of light and smiles everyday. I get to experienced a life full of problems. But, because of my family, we can always solve the problem together." I smiled at him.

"B-But, your family is still together. While I don't have one except for Chaeyoung and Tzuyu..." He stated with sorrow.

"That's the point, Dahyun-ssi. And here I thought I'm the oblivious one." I giggled as he stared at me in confusion.

"What do you mean, Sana?"

"Chaeyoung-ssi and Tzuyu-ssi, they're always there for you, like a family would. Don't you get it, Dahyun-ssi?" I smiled while combing his soft hair.

"I-I think get it now... how stupid of me for not realizing it sooner." I just looked at him, signalling him to continue. "Chae, he's always scolding me because he's worried about me, same for my grandpa. Tzu, he always had a worried look whenever I get into trouble. They're always there for me, even when I also get them into trouble. I now knew, they're really my family." Finally, that dreamy smile of his came back from his face.

"Its great that you've finally realized it. You should always smile, you know? That suits your cute face than your arrogant one." I laughed slightly when his face becomes red.

"Y-Yahh! I'm not cute." He pouted.

"Says the one who's cutely pouting his lips right now." I told him while laughing again.

"O-Okay, okay! J-Just stop."

"Hahaha, sure..."

When we stopped, he got closer to me again and started cuddling with me. Not complaining though.

I already said this but...

I never really expected this guy, to became like this. I really hoped that he'll keep this happy vibe of his from now on.

A few minutes of us cuddling, my phone vibrated from my hoodie, which is Dahyun's wearing right now.

"Your phone, someone's probably calling and worried about you now." He gave me the phone and I took it from him and gave a small 'thank you'.

"Hello?"

"Sana! Where are you? Classes are over just a minute ago!"

"I-I'm sorry, Jeong-oppa! I'm here inside the garden and didn't really looked at the time."

"*Sigh* at least I know that you're safe. We're here inside the school cafeteria, we were given a 20-minute break by our P.E. teacher. If you're going here then hurry up, but if you're doing something just go straight to the gym, okay?"

"Okay, oppa. I'm sorry if I made you worried."

"Its okay, Sana. Take care, bye."

"Bye oppa."

He ended the call and I just looked at Dahyun whom I cannot recognize what expression he's wearing right now.

"I really hate that guy..." I heard him mumbled.

"Why though? He's a good guy." I asked him.

"He always gets in my way, he always shoved me off when I'm in front of him. He hated my guts then I will too." He explained with full of hatred.

"Calm down, I'll just talk to him about this. Maybe he has a valid reason to be that angry towards you."

"Yeah, he better be."

I smiled, I didn't know he could be adorable just by being this angry towards someone. Gosh! I have a lot of things that I didn't know about this guy.

My body acted upon its own and I began to scoot closer to him, and I... kissed him on the cheek...?

I could feel myself heating up so as his face, since my lips are still on his cheek.

"W-What was that for?" Now he's asking why, what would I say!?

"Because you feel irritated earlier, I thought that would maybe calm down you a bit." I excused.

"Y-You didn't have to, do that..." He said while holding his cheek with his palm.

I just giggled at him. Then I suddenly remembered that Jeong-oppa's qaiting for me at the café.

"I have to go now, Dahyun-ssi. Bye!" I bid him goodbye and started to run.

"Bye!" I heard him shouted but I didn't have the time to wave at him.

Dahyun's POV

"Bye!" I shouted at Sana but I guess she really have to go that's why she didn't even looked back at here.

I looked at my palm and touched my cheek again. The weird feeling of being electrified, my face heating up every second I think about the kiss and our snuggling together, and that weird tingling inside my stomach. All of that are coming back again...

"You're really something, Sana..."

And for the 9th time of this day, I smiled because of her...

I really found someone better than my past...