Chapter 27

Pein sat at his desk, seething. He knew about Hinata's disappearance. He also was familiar with his members scedules, and where they tended to be. He also knew that many of his members had recently been taking long routes around town just to pass by the konaha house. He also knew this because he has someone watching the house. No one went in or out, or around that house without him knowing.

So when he heard from the minion that Hinata, their beloved, flung herself out of a window, and ran down the street with no shoes, no jacket, he was fuming. He would not stand for his Princess to go through such horror.

He was almost relived when his minion relayed that Hinata was picked up by Sasori and Deidara.

Almost. He would not calm down so easily though, as to think their little Princess had to go to such lengths to get away.

This was the girl who would hide away in the closet when Hidan was about to fight someone. This was the girl who cried for hours the night he got stabbed, and sat outside the door while he was operated on, still not leaving even after the surgery. She skipped school for 3 days to sit outside his door until he was able to move again. Even then, after Kimi forced her to school, she would find him after and trail him for weeks. This was when he fell in love with her.

The way her lip would quiver when he would make even the slightest wince in pain. How her eyes, although he could not see them, would follow him around the room with such fierceness he was wondering if she was looking for an opening. The one day, he had to move heavy stuff around, yet, she, in all her cute stubbornness, refused to let him touch the boxes, and did it herself. He was impressed with her strength.

When he started to get better, and no longer needed to under her strict view, he ended up missing the girls quiet company. Her presence had become comforting to him. Knowing she was there was something he grew used to over the time he was injured.

People had cared before. Konan would scold him, tell him to be smarter. Kimi would sleuth around and obnoxiously point out how he wasn't being careful. He was the leader, so had to show a strong façade. Despite the pain, he would go about his normal duties, not once showing his weakness. Yet Hinata knew. She knew he was hurting. She knew how to help ease his workload without it being a hassle or noticeable to the others. She was cautious of his position, yet also aware of his state and was able to navigate both. Probably because of the way she would watch everybody, learning their habits and body languages. He admired that of her. It took her very little time to adjust to the madness of their house, and was able to correctly understand how to be useful, despite her very awkward personality.

Here he was now, dwelling in the past.

He loved her, they all did. She was the missing piece that many of them needed.

The few short days without her presence in the house was making everyone… different.

He glowered, knowing that Sasori and Deidara were taking up all her time right now.

Whatever. First, he had to plan how to approach his anger to the konaha house without starting a war. After all, they would have to do something monstrous to make their Princess act so rashly.

He started down to his phone, hoping to see a message from Deidara or Sasori, telling her she was with them.

When no text came, he growled and scrolled to blond dumbass in his phone and hit dial.

"What the fuck do you-!" Deidara screamed into the phone.

He cut the disrespect short. "Deidara." His tone was flat with the blonde.

"Oh, Pein." His tone shifted into one of respect. Better.

"Hinata-" he started but was cut off by Deidara, making him glower.

"Ah- Shes with me." He said a little too quickly. "No I mean Hinata is with us, un." He corrected himself.

He sighed, Deidara really didn't think he kept tabs on her, or any of them? "Hmph." He hummed angerly.

Deidara was quick to respond to his hum. "We found her running down the street. It was for a good reason, yeah."

Ah, he knew this too. "Did the Kona-"

"Yes it had to do with the Konaha gang." Deidara interrupted. He was getting real tired of this shit already. He gripped his phone and his fingers thrummed against the desk. He would put up with it, as his Hinata was with them after all. "We wont allow her to go back, yeah."

Click.

That little fucking cunt dare hang up on him?!

He stood fast, the back of his legs hitting his chair and making it fall over as he slammed his phone down onto his desk, a distinctive shattering sound filling the room.

Fuck.

Slowly he turned his phone over.

It was dead, just like how that little cunt was going to be soon, he glowered.

He turned and went to Konan's room.

Wait… Why was the house so quiet? He slowed his pace and listened. The house was quiet.

The house was never quiet.

Those little fuckers.