Chapter 6

It seemed Sasori lied to her about the Akatsuki waiting for her. "I am sorry, but I needed to intimidate Gaara. He is a very formidable opponent." She nodded, before he strode away. He told her it was best not to come till class until after lunch, so she sat outside, waiting for the bell to ring. When it finally did, she sat still, watching people pass. Not one of the Akatsuki were in sight. Her shoulders dropped. She was hoping to see them...

"HINATA!"

Then it happened. All at once.

She sat frozen. She had no idea how to react. She stood in-between Pein and Naruto, they were both glaring daggers at each other. Each male had a hold of one of her arms, like they were about to start a war of tug-a-Hinata.

All she wanted to do was have lunch with the Akatsuki! But no, both the leaders of both groups spotted her at the same time, instantly trying to take her for themselves. Now here she was, nearly being ripped in half.

Her breathing was fast and ragged, her heart nearly beating out of her chest. She wanted to go with Pein, yet couldn't voice her opinion. Worst yet, it felt as if everyone's eyes were on them. Maybe they were, but she couldn't see with her eyes shut so tightly.

Someone, save her!

"Hinata-sama...?" Her eyes shot open, landing on a figure standing in front of her. His regal outline and burning silver eyes, she knew them anywhere. It had to be him.

"Neji-nii." His name escaped her lips, the widening of his eyes confirmed it. Franticly she mustered her will power and tore herself away, all thoughts going out of her head as Neji's strong arms wrapped around her, holding her tightly to his built chest. She could feel tears starting to build up, but she pushed them back. She loved her cousin so much! She never thought she would see him again.

"Hinata-sama... I was so worried for you..! When I got back from the tournament you were gone." He mumbled into her hair, his breath warm. She clung to him, not wanting to let go. It was a miracle to see him here! The Hyuuga had a specialized school they attended, she almost forgot Neji had special permission to attend a public school.

"Fa-Father disowned me..." Hinata mumbled, her voice breaking slightly. All the worst seemed to disappear as Neji stroked her hair. But, her trance broke soon as she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Pein, who wore a look of murder on his face.

"Hyuuga bastard! You fucking know our Hinata?" Hidan yelled, the Akatsuki seemed to have gathered while she was in her cousins embrace. She blushed lightly, breaking away from the male. Pein's hand remained on her shoulder, his gaze furious.

"I am her Guardian." Neji sneered at the gathering group of males, making her flinch. He was always so protective of her, perhaps a bit too much at times. She glances around, all the Akatsuki had gathered, along as a number of other people from Naruto's gang.

"Guardian?" Naruto questioned, making her look over to him. His blue eyes tinted red for a moment, before a wide grin spread across her features. She blinked. His moods were rather odd. He was very... Energetic. "Hinata is ours then!" He yelled, raising a fist up. Her jaw dropped. His? She... She belonged with the Akastuki? Or... She shook her head as Hidan started spouting vile language, along with Deidara yelling obscure threats. Tobi for once was quiet.

"She is not." Pein spoke, making her look up at him. For a moment his hand tightened on her shoulder, as if reassuring her. "She lives with us." A small smile pulled itself on her lips. So all that hate earlier... Was it her imagination..? They really did care for her? Tears welled in her eyes, warmth spreading through her. She... She was so lonely without them, she didn't know what she would do without them anymore. They were a big part of her. She stepped closer to Pein, cuddling into his side. The man remained stoic, his eyes on the other gang.