Smiling at my newfound place I sit down and stare into the blue sky. I always wondered what had really happened once people died. Could they really look down on us from the clouds?

I hoped they could, I think that was one of the reasons I had loved the roof so much, especially after Maddi died. If Maddi was in the sky looking down at me then the roof was the closest I would get to her.

I look over at Aiden's house in curiosity once again and notice that it was an extremely similar shape than my house, just opposite which made me wonder if his house had a similar layout to mine, I guess that part of my curiosity would be fulfilled after tonight.

My phone ringing broke me out of my thoughts, looking at the caller ID I could see it was Luke.

"Lukas" I sing happily, giggling a little to myself when I hear him mutter some choice words under his breath.

"I'm boreddddddd" he groans.

"Hi bored I'm Emily" I reply on instinct, Robert's jokes must be rubbing off on me.

"Emiliaaaaaa, come and make me less bored" Luke begs, and then he continues; "Miles is home."

Miles was Luke's older brother, he was a year older than Maddi and her best friend before she died. They were so obviously soulmates, they had been dating since they were 14 all the way until Maddi passed. They would have ended up together if Maddi hadn't left us, they were perfect for each other and everyone knew it. They had been in love with each other their whole lives but never had admitted it until they were 14. They had dated as soon as they found out about each of their feelings, and had never had any problems.

When Maddi died, Miles turned to drugs and alcohol, and meaningless sex. Although he was the complete opposite of what he had used to be, he had always treated me the same. We had always been close, but when Maddi died we just got closer, I think I reminded him of her the same way he reminded me. He had always acted like a protective older brother to me and I was so happy when that never changed after Maddi died. He had pushed everyone away, spent his trust fund on traveling and partying but he had always made time for me.

He had the same blue eyes as Luke, but light brown hair. He was no doubt attractive, but I saw him like my older brother just like he had seen me as a younger sister.

"I'll be there in 15" I reply instantly, Miles had been in Europe for the past 4 months and I had missed him.

I hear Luke cheer as I hang up and put my phone firmly in my bra so I can safely climb down.

I quickly change into grey leggings and out of my skirt so I could be more comfortable and run down to my car. I was still the only one home so I leave Nala inside and lock the front door, making sure to send a quick text to mom and Robert.

About 10 minutes later I've arrived at Luke's house on the rich side of town. Parking my car in my familiar spot I run inside to see Miles, well him and my best friend.

I see him as soon as I walk inside, he was standing in his familiar spot looking out the window with a glass of what I'm assuming to be bourbon in his hand.

"Miles" I yell excitedly gaining his attention. He smiles at me back and puts his glass on the window seal opening his arms. Without hesitating I run at him and jump into his brotherly hug, he laughs at my enthusiasm, hugging me as tightly as I was hugging him. His familiar scent of bourbon engulfs me, but I take in every moment.

"Hey little E" he smiles as he puts me down and takes a good look at me while I do the same to him.

He looks tired, he has stubble on his face that needs to be shaved and more wrinkles than any 21 year old should have. It makes me sad to see him looking this worn out, I know it would kill Maddi to see him like this, but he had never been the same after she had died.