11. | D A T E N I G H T |

It was unusual at this time of year to organise a date night with your husband of two years. He was always so busy with promo and Christmas events in the industry, but tonight you had made sure to plan in a date night, just you two nothing fancy but a night away from your hectic life.

When you had first got married you had made crazy plans for a date night every two weeks, which worked for about three months and then Niall's solo career really took off and you were either working while he was in a different part of the world or you were catching a flight to see him perform before flying home a few hours later.

Niall had decided to drive, let you have a drink and relax finally. You had spent the last weeks of November planning Christmas events for your clients and then you'd took on the task of the annual Horan Christmas party planning as soon as it hit midnight on December 1st.

Niall was expertly navigating the city streets, hand every so often finding yours as you both talked about your days. He was dressed in a navy button down and tailored trousers with his Gucci loafers, you had decided on a simple leather mini skirt and black t-shirt tucked in with a smart black coat over your shoulders to fend off the cooling LA air.

You were seated quickly at the back of your favourite downtown Italian, a candle in the middle of the table, two wine glasses one half full for Niall, the other a well earned treat for you. Niall's hands had linked with yours across the table.

You loved nights like this, when everything slowed down and you could finally breathe in the company of your husband, relax and be a normal married couple for the evening. No ringing phones, no fans screaming and tapping the glass, no press watching your every move.

Niall was so at ease, his fingers dancing a pattern on your wrist, sipping from his red wine, he hadn't been this relaxed for a few months the fear of a new sounding single and all the promoting he had to do with it had really worn him down this time.

"you look bloody gorgeous" he smiled foot nudging yours under the table, you blushed slightly still that nervous 23 year old who had met him in a bar in London, dropped her beer down his t-shirt and hadn't stopped loving him since.

You pushed your hair behind your ear, giving him a coy smile "Don't look to bad yourself Niall James" you sipped from your wine as he laughed lightly "god I love you" he sighed a content sigh feeling his heart swell in his chest as you locked eyes with him.

The candle light flickering in the blue of his eyes, he stood up from the table, you watched him slightly confused but then he was bending down to catch your lips with his, the bitter sweet taste of the red wine mixed on your tongues.

You knew, like you had the moment he had asked you to be his wife that you would absolutely follow him into any life he wanted to lead.