19. | S L O W |

Part three to dialing (last part).

She made her way into the pub, it was a little past eight but Friday evening traffic was always hellish. She headed straight for the back corner table after getting herself a glass of wine. He wasn't there yet but she was used to that now.

Every time the door opened her eyes flicked up to check if it was him, she was now on her second glass of wine it was heading towards nine, she'd had a long day at work and she just wanted to kick her heels off and get into more comfy clothes. Her phone buzzed on the table, his message rolled onto the screen.

'on my way, so sorry! meeting went over! please wait xx'

Niall was finally flying through the door, waving towards the bartender as he made his way to the table. He lent down to catch her lips quickly with his "sorry, so sorry I was itching to get out" he slid into the booth next to her.

She pushed the pint over to him with a smile "it's fine, I've put two wines on your tab" he picked up the pint taking a sip "it's basically our tab, love" he chuckled as she looked away a slight blush on her cheeks.

His hand was resting comfortably above her knee, her legs bare due to the late September heatwave. "Why did you want me to come here?" she asked looking at him, his hair was growing out still, but it was looking so much healthier and thicker than its past bleached days, he was glowing with a small amount of leftover LA tan, his eyes somehow seemed bluer than normal.

He bit at his lip "well it's me birthday next week and I don't want to celebrate without you" he had a small smirk on his face, she rolled her eyes "seriously Niall what do you want from me?" his hand was gently squeezing her thigh, she moved her hand on top of his, linking their fingers "I know I pushed you away, I know I did things to hurt you but I need you" he stopped took a breath, eyes scanning her face "I miss you" he finished, she pressed her palm against the stubble on his cheek, thumb running the edge of his jawline.

He moved his face to kiss into her palm, watching her as she processed his words "You have so much to make up for Niall" she had turned her body fully into him knee's knocking against his "You can't just get me back, then leave me while you go to LA to play golf and meet Mully down at 40 Love" he was shaking his head "I won-" she stopped him with just a look "I'm not going to be running around after you, I did that for a year and a half" he nodded slowly, licking at his dry lips "I'll come to your birthday, we will take this slow"

***

Niall was fumbling with the lock on his apartment door, she was pressed against him, lips on his neck, nipping and soothing the warm skin "slow" she whispered in his ear with a slight giggle "this is slow" he muttered lips crashing on hers, as he pushed her against the wall just inside his front door, he kicked the door closed, fingers fumbling with the zip on her skirt, she was tugging his top over his head lips disconnecting just briefly "fuck, I can't do slow" he laughed against her mouth, pulling her t-shirt up and off "don't want to do slow" she was raking her hands up and down his bare back, he was hitching her leg up to rest against his hip, as he undone his jeans, she helped to push his boxers to the floor.

She had missed him, the way her body curved into his, the way he knew how to make her lose her breath, have her panting in his ear, his lips leaving hot wet kisses on her skin as he pounded into her against the wall "Jesus christ why did we need to do things slow" he sighed holding her so he could see her "because you were an ass" she laughed as he nodded in agreement, catching her lips, he stalled pushing his hips to hit her sweet spot, she was moaning head thrown against the wall, nails digging in his shoulders "fuck, missed you" she whispered.

Niall helped her back onto the carpeted floor, nudging her nose with his "missed you too baby" he stepped from his jeans and boxers, taking her hand he pulled her towards the bedroom, leaving their clothes in a pile by the door "bloody slow" he muttered pushing her back onto his kingsize bed before climbing over her.