Play With Me

So, it was Natasha's bright idea to bake cookies for Christmas Eve tomorrow. And, sure, it sounds like a great idea but if I'm being honest I don't think that this is something I'm cut out for. No pun intended. At all.

The set up was 'simple', she said. It would be 'easier if we all got a station and worked from there'. Some of us would put ingredients together while others brought things in and out of the oven and others decorated the finished cookies and blah blah blah...

It all sounds like it would work out pretty okay, right? Wrong.

Tony kept trying to take control over the order of things, Bruce nearly turned into an enormous green rage monster... twice, a random bolt of Thor's lightning broke a ceiling light near the fridge for some unknown reason (at least to me) and don't even get me started on how distracted Clint and Natasha were (talking rather sensually with one another, I might add).

Steve and I were put on decorating duty. After Nat would take the baked cookies out from the oven, she'd pass them over to Steve and I, who would have to wait for them to cool before decorating them. Trust me, it takes a lot longer than you might think. I don't have the patience for shit like that.

"Thanks," Steve said, grabbing the pan with an oven mitten on and placing it on the table before us. I looked up at him as he took off the mit but he didn't exactly meet my eyes like I would have hoped he would have.

I continued decorating the cookies as well as I could, all the while wondering why Nat hadn't thought to decorate them herself seeing as they probably would have turned out looking a lot nicer that way.

When I looked up at Steve again, it was because he had been staring at me. And longingly at that. I almost debated going back to our room in the hopes that I might find that he'd followed me there, that's how intense it was.

Sometimes, dare I say, I wonder how much he secretly wants everyone to find out on 'accident'. Or maybe he just likes to play with me and make it look like he wants them to know.

In saying that, I mean to point out the fact that we were all pretty easily bored. Like, without our lives or the lives of others in imminent danger constantly, we weren't all that sure what to do with ourselves or with the free time. Not even Thor had business to attend to back at Asgard as the literal king. I mean, we can only train and eat and sleep so many hours in the day, right?

I bit my lip as I looked back up at Steve, knowing already that he had to have been looking at me. And look at that. He was. I watched he'd his eyes flicker back and forth between my eyes and other places that he probably shouldn't have been looking at.

If only he had the guts to let me kiss him in public, God, I'd devour him.

The only thing I could think to do lingered in my head almost like an impulse. Like something I felt so utterly compelled to do that I wasn't sure if it was even a choice for me at all. I looked back down at the cookies, forcing Steve to look away too, and continued applying the red icing to the one before me.

Then, without hesitating at all, I took a generous scoop out onto my finger and smeared it onto his mouth and down his chin. I watched his eyes widen as he realized that I had just started none other than a food fight. He grabbed a handful of white sprinkles and threw them right at me, watching as they fell all throughout my long brown hair.

A few sprinkles even managed to fly back and hit some of the others. They then proceeded to throw flour and sugar and, yes, even egg shells, back at us. We were all literally rolling on the floor with one another just fighting just for the Hell of it... well, because we all missed the real action too Goddamn much, actually.

I was wrestling around with Steve and I noticed that he'd barely wiped off the frosting. It was like an invitation. It was like he wanted me to pin him down and lick it off of his lips slowly and sensually.

I really have to stop thinking about shit like that before I get hard in front of everyone. That would be a problem because then Steve would blush and give it all away and I would feel bad and it'd all be a giant mess. Everything would suck because then we'd both be in sour moods.

He's lucky I love him enough to think this far in advance or that frosting on his beautiful pink lips would be in my mouth right now.

~ James_BuchananBarnes ~