Next To Me

I've been lying awake all night in this Goddamn bed, unable to sleep after an awful nightmare.

Well, what else is new?

I guess another problem, one that I actually do have the power in myself to change, is the fact that we're in separate beds- Steve and I, I mean. I know myself and I know him and I know we would both love it if we could sleep peacefully side by side without the fear that someone might walk in early in the morning to wake us up.

Maybe if it's just for a little while it'll work. I mean, I can get up before anyone comes in, right? Yea, right.

I got up and pushed my comfortable, warm covers aside as I braved the cold, short trek over to Steve's bed as he slept facing away from me. I slowly climbed in behind him and snuggled up with my bare chest against his bare backside. God, he was so warm.

He stirred a little in his sleep as he probably became aware of my presence. I felt his hand on my thigh as he massaged it and I wondered why in the world I hadn't been doing this sooner.

I brought my hand across his naked chest and felt along his muscles as I pushed up against him just gently enough for him to notice. He pushed back as he probably felt me getting, well, hard.

I reached down in between his legs and found that he had gotten hard himself; unless maybe it was just because it was morning wood, but either way I'm not complaining. I found myself applying pressure as he did the same with his hand. Oh, how I'd missed this when I had been all the way on the other side of the room all night.

I don't know how I managed like that when, now that I truly realize it, I really do love it when he's next to me.

I slipped my hand discreetly below his pants before he could stop me and started touching him. I felt his muscles tighten all along his back and throughout his  and arms. I breathed warmly into his ear and felt the chicken skin spread across his nearly naked body as I started to kiss him along his neck. God, this reminds me of  when we were young.

I heard him attempting to keep his mouth shut so that he might be able to prevent moaning into the ope air where anyone might hear him.

"Steve," I whispered into his ear so that I might feel his body squirm beside me by my own will.

The only problem was that we had gotten so caught up in the moment that we had yet to realize the fact that the sun had begun to rise. I heard the doorknob start to twist and quickly jumped out of the bed and into mine, pretending to be asleep before the morning wake up call.

Natasha walked into our room at 7:00 just as she did every other morning and woke up Steve, who, this time, was already awake. After she left, he'd usually get up and mosey his way over to my bed and kiss me gently so that I might wake from my slumber peacefully and slowly.

This morning however, he stood and walked over, still with a raging hard on, and started talking to me.

"Buck!" He whisper yelled with the fear that Natasha would hear us from the hallway or something. "You know we gotta be more careful than that! I mean, holy Hell, that was cray close and we both know it."

"Yea, yea. I know," I replied.

"You know we can't stay in the same bed overnight so long as we want to keep us a secret."

"But, Steve," I began. "What if I don't want us to be a secret?"

"You know we don't got a choice, Buck," he replied.

"No," I retorted. "That's what you don't get. The lack of a choice in this matter is a thing of the past. We don't even have to worry about it anymore, Steve."

"Well, I'm not even sure how permanent that'd be," he replied.

"Can't you see that we're finally free?" I asked. "And for real this time. Always and forever."

"How do you expect me to be ready for something as life changing as this? Going form hiding everything to showing it all? Bucky, can't you see that the only problem with me is the fact that I just might not be ready yet?"

~ James_BuchananBarnes ~