Meet Me, Greet Me

Once the new patient was settled in his new room, Frank visited. "Hey, my name's Frank Iero and I'll be your new nurse."

"How do you spell that?" he asked quietly.

"I-E-R-O," Frank listed dutifully.

He looked up and frowned. "That's cool, I guess."

Frank sat down next to the newbie on the floor. "Got a name, soldier?"

That earned Frank an eyeroll. "Obviously."

"Wanna tell me what it is?" Frank asked teasingly. "That might help me along."

"Caption Sugars," he deadpanned.

"That's even cooler than Iero," Frank grinned, holding his hand up for a high-five.

"I don't see why you can't read it in my file," Captiain Sugars sghed. "It's Gerard Way, by the way. I wish my name was Captain Sugars."

"I'm not the biggest fan of reading. Other than comic books, that is." Gold star, Frank. Tell Gerard you're a nerd upon first meeting. Excellent.

But Gerard perked up and grinned. "You read Fangoria?" he asked eagerly.

"Fuck yeah. Got the new issue last week," Frank said proudly.

"I didn't," Gerard sighed. "I was in the hospital, getting checks done.""You could borrow mine," Frank offered. "I'll bring it in sometime."

Gerard's eye lit up. "Really? You mean it?"

"Yeah, I'll bring it in if I remember. "

"Oh, thanks man!" Gerard smiled blissfully. "That's so great. I thought I was gonna miss out on another issue."

"Wanna go to meet everyone else?" Frank offered, changing the subject.

Gerard looked over fearfully. "I don't know. I don't do well in the social situations."

Aw, come on!" Frank poked Gerard in the side. "They won't bite! Well, maybe Nadia."

Upon hearing that, Gerard stiffens. "What did you say?"

"Don't worry about it," Frank laughs."Come on."

They both stand and make their way out into the main areas.

-----

Frank leads Gerard out into the main rec room, where two of his colleagues are standing.

"Gerard, this is Bob and Stacey," Frank introduced.

Gerard waved, his eyes flickering around the room to capture every last detail. Without a second thought, he wandered away towards the outside area.

Stacey chuckled and slid Frank a hot cup of coffee. Frank accepted it gratefully. "Thank you."

"You're with the new guy?" Bob asked.

Frank nodded, sipping from his coffee. "Yeah, he's my main patient."

"So what's his damage? Can't be any worse than Stacey's," Bob teased.

Stacey whacked Bob's arm. "Shut up, she's one of the best patients I've ever worked with."

"When she isn't trying to tear your throat out through your eyes?" Bob laughed.

"Everyone has their own issues. Hers just happen to be a tad more severe," Stacey retorted.

Bob rolled his eyes and turned back to Frank expectantly. "So? His deal is...?"

Frank shrugged one shoulder and drained the rest of his cup. "Haven't read the file yet. It's only his first day."

"Huh," Bob mused, biting his lip ring thoughtfully. "I wonder what it is."

Frank glanced over to Gerard, who was in deep conversation with another patient. "Well, when I find out, you'll be the next."

Bob smiled in satisfaction. "Damn straight, litle dude."

-----

When is frank getting back?

What if he never comes back?

I'm freaking out here...

Oh my god...

What if he never comes back?

When is frank coming back?

-----

Gerard snaps out of his thoughts when he's approached by a man with a considerable amount of afro.

"Hi, I'm Ray Toro," he offered, waving. "You're the new guy?""Um, yes. That's me," Gerard stuttured. "I'm Gerard Way."

Ray grinned and nodded. "Cool. Listen, if you get into any fights or something, yell for me. I got you."

Gerard's lips lifted into a smile. "Really? Thanks man."

Ray sat next to Gerard and nodded. "We're gonna be the best of friends. I know it."

-----

Ray seemed alright to Gerard.

He was like a puppy. His smile never wavered and it made Gerard wonder how it didn't hurt. Maybe it did. But he knew it didn't because he got curious and asked. Ray left Gerard to his own thoughts when Stacey called him over

It wasn;t long before Gerard's sunlight was blocked for a second time.

A teenage girl sat bedside Gerard, her sundress swirling around her knees. Sharp blue eyes with rings of silver and black bore into Gerad's. Witch eyes.

The girls smiled with one side of her mouth and blinked. The haze in Gerard mind cleared and he shook his head a few times. She laughed, the sound ringing loud and silvery.

"Hi there. I'm Fionnuala O'Hagan" she said, still giggling a little.

"Hi. I'm Ge-"

"Gerard Arthur Way. 24 years. Artist in two, possibly more, subjects? New Jersey. Little brother called...." Fionnuala swayed and pressed a hand to her forehead.

Gerard paled and his eyes widened. "How did you know that? It's against the rules to read other files isn't it?"

A dark shadow filled the space around Gerard. "Miss O'Hagan, that is quite enough of that!" a voice boomed

Fionnuala smiled impishly at Gerard and leapt up. "Yes master," she said mockingly, bowing slightly.

Bob nudged her toward the building. "Go."

Fionnuala winked at Gerard and skipped away.

"Sorry about that," Bob apologized. "She does that."

Gerard bit his lip. "It's alright."

Gerard took off running toward Frank. When he reached him, he latched onto his arm. "I wanna go."

All it took was one look at Gerard's face before Frank was leading him back to his room.

----

you guys should gimme feedback.

-steve