CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry."

"How's Charlotte been, though?"

"Crazy as per usual, but." He chuckles and shakes his head. "There's some perks to it now."

"Crazy, hot sex?" I laugh.

"She can't get enough of me." He smirks.

"Gross, but I'm happy for you."

"I can't wait until we're married. It's lame, but I can't wait to call her my wife. I've never loved someone as much as I love her."

"That's not lame!" I gasp.

"That might be the cutest thing you've ever said!"

"Just wait until our wedding, I've worked out the perfect speech which is another reason I want it to come quicker."

"Char is so lucky to have you!"

We wander out of the bedroom and into the family room. Excitement bubbles in the pit of my stomach as we get closer to the nursery. I open the door and Kyle's eyes light up.

"I know it's pink and girly, but what do you think?"

He circles the room and nods his head.

"It's beautiful, you've done a good job with it."

"Thanks." I beam.

He sits in the rocking chair and taps his fingers against the soft grey material.

"Just think, in a couple of months, you're going to have a baby in here. A little, tiny, human who's going to depend on you for everything. Does that freak you out because I feel freaked out for you."

"I'm a nervous scared, more so excited."

Kyle shudders but tugs on a smile.

"Do you want to order lunch?"

"Sure, what are you in the mood for?"

"You still owe me Nando's." He winks.

"I can't buy anything because Blake has my bank card."

Kyle rolls his eyes and grumbles.

"We're going to be old and I'll still be paying for lunch."

"Probably." I chuckle. "But hey, consider it payment for all the extra help I've been doing for your wedding. I think I've done more than you, and you're the one getting married."

"What about our high school years? Am I going to receive compensation for that?"

"That, Kylie boo, was just a down payment for my help."

"What!" He gasps.

"My time isn't cheap." I flick my brown hair over my shoulder.

Kyle shakes his head while I grin.

* * * * *

I slide clothes into the drawer and push it shut. I toss the empty washing basket onto the bed and sigh. The front door opens and laughter echoes into the house.

"Yes, we can hang the painting on the fridge," Blake mutters.

"I want to show Mummy first."

"She's probably in the bedroom."

The bedroom door squeaks open as she peers around it. A wide smile consumes her face as she races into the room.

"Hey Lo!" I smile.

"Hi," she shouts. "I made a painting."

She holds up a picture which has splotches of pink paint and gold glitter.

"I love it! What else did you do at daycare?"

"I played outside with Ivy, and we read stories about an angry bear."

"Aw, that sounds exciting."

"Lo, put the picture on the fridge before it gets crinkled."

"Okay." She smiles.

London runs out of the room while Blake wanders in. I poke his chest and wrinkle my nose.

"How was your day? Busy because it certainly looks that way?"

"You don't like your man all dirty and sweaty?"

He cups my cheek and I squirm under his touch. Blake grips my waist and tugs me towards him. I wrap my arms around his neck and peck his lips.

"So, how was your day?"

"Tiring, but happy to be home with you and London."

"There's dinner in the slow cooker, so we can eat whenever you want."

"Mm, food." He grins.

"Grab a shower and meet me in the kitchen."

"Okay." He nods.

Blake tugs me towards the bathroom, but I pull my hand away and shake my head.

"I love you, but I can't be bothered showering right now."

Blake pouts as he wanders into the bathroom.

"I love you." However, there's no response.

I wander into the kitchen and there's an array of paper on the floor and magnets in Lo's hand.

"What happened?"

"Ops." She smiles.

I help Lo put the artwork on the fridge, then collect the papers and place them on the bench.

"Should we get you bathed before dinner?"

Lo shakes her head and I shrug my shoulders.

"Hungry?"

"Yes." She nods.

"Wash your hands and we'll set the table."

London bounds towards the bathroom while I collect the plates out of the cupboard. When she returns, I give Lo the cups and she carries them to the table.

When Blake appears, I serve up dinner and we gather around the table. London makes a huge mess, but I love it.

Once the bub arrives, I don't know how many more calm dinners we'll have together like this.