16 - Teary eyes and Snotty nose

Start from the beginning

"No I am helping him on my own. He is slow and lame. If I helped him finish his work fast, he would drop me at Theo's house faster. And no Didi, I know you can drop me off, but Bhaiya is going that way. And also, please go with Louis Bhaiya and have fun." he said waving his hand in a shooing motion.

She looked at Cameryn and me and then shrugged. "You heard the boss. Anyway, where are you going?" she asked Cameryn.

She looked at her brother, worrying her lower lip. "My class is hoisting a party and they invited me to their house before the party, so that I could help them in arranging the house.

"A party? But you are 14!" her brother exclaimed making her roll her eyes.

"Oh please. I still remember you sneaking out of the house for parties when you were 14." She said with a blank face.

"But that's different?" he argued.

"How so? Please do explain yourself." She asked with her hands on her hips.

"Because." He replied lamely and this time Naeem was the one who looked at him with a blank face.

"Yeah, that explains everything." She retorted sarcastically. "Don't worry big brother. There isn't going to be any alcohol. And even if there is alcohol, I won't touch It." she sincerely assured him.

"Okay, just call me if you have any problems. And whose house are you going to?" he asked.

"Hmm... Roxanne?" she said looking more worried than she did a minute ago.

"The girl who bullied you two months ago when you first went to that school?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"She apologized for that. She said she really needed friends at the moment and that was the only way for her." She defended her new friend and I could already see a flaw in that.

"Are you sure you want to be friends with a bully like her?" her brother asked her with worry.

"It's not like I have many choices. She is like my one friend here. Not that I had many friends in the previous school, so I am not blaming you Shaden." She said crossing her hands and Shaden waved her hands in a 'non taken manner'. Why would she blame Shaden? I wanted to ask but didn't get the choice. "Please Cam, I need this. I can't be at the bottom of the food chain even in this school." She pleaded.

"It's better not having any friends than having toxic friends Rina." He explained to her patiently.

"You would say that. Wouldn't you?" she said in an irritated voice.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked her in a serious tone. I thought I was intruding a personal thing but Cameryn held onto me asking me not to leave her. Well, now I am not left with an option.

"You were intelligent, charming and popular. Everyone liked you." she said in a constricted voice.

"You are beautiful and intelligent too Rina." He said getting up from his place on the floor and holding her shoulders.

"Nerd is what I am. And I never make good friends." She said tearing up.

"Oh baby. Being popular is not that great. It is a tedious thing. And half the people who were friends with me were only there because they wanted to be popular too. And the only reason I was popular is because I always voiced out my opinion and I never gave a chance for others to step on me. They were afraid of me. Do you see any one from school who is still in contact with me? No. That's because they weren't even my friends in the first place. I made many mistakes when I was your age. I just don't want you to make the same ones. You will eventually find true friends. Just like how I have her." he said pointing towards Shaden and Shaden just smiled at him in encouragement. "I love you sport. I just don't want any bad to come to you." he said trying to convey his true feelings to his sister.