15 - Shut up Louis. She is after all, just 15

Start from the beginning

"Okay sure. But can i know why? If you don't mind that is." Shaden asked. Wait, she couldn't see it? Apparently Ruby had the same question. 

"You really cannot understand why." they asked. Shaden must have shook her head, Ruby continued. "What do you see when you see me? A boy or a girl?" Ruby asked.

"A girl?" Shaden asked confused. 

"Really?" Ruby asked, sounding both surprised and happy. 

"Hey Allah! I must have said something wrong. I am really sorry. If it something related to your gender, I really am not aware of it. We are educated very little regarding things like this in my country. I am soo sorry. I will really try to understand. She apologized and I just started liking her more now. 

"Hey hey, calm down. It's okay, I am not blaming you. But to answer your doubts, I am a transgender female. Meaning born as a male but like being a female. But I prefer pronouns like they or them instead of she or her." Ruby continued explaining, their voice sounding closer than before. I immediately ran away from there and rushed into the kitchen to find my mom looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Are there any intruders at my home that I am not aware of?" she asked with a smirk.

"Yeah yeah, very witty." I said rolling my eyes. "I want some snacks for the crowd in the game room." I said dumping some nachos in a huge bowl.

"It's almost time for dinner. Don't take a lot of snacks. I want all of you to enjoy today's dinner." She said going back to her work on her laptop.

"Something special today?" I asked looking at her from under my eyes.

"Yeah, a welcome party to Naeem. Did you meet the kid, he is adorable." She gushed.

"Naah. Haven't met him yet. But Louis wouldn't shut up about him. I will meet him during the dinner."

"Meet who?" Ruby asked flopping beside mom and hugging her from behind.

"Her brother." I said nodding towards Shaden who now stood in front of me, taking some nachos from the bowl.

"Oh! You guys met. Shaden, this is my oldest son, urm, daughter." Mom corrected herself and Shaden started coughing since she was mid swallowing when mom said this. I rubbed her back to sooth her. I hope Ruby's sexual orientation is the reason for her coughing fit. He would be upset if it is.

"How many kids do you even have?" she asked looking at mom incredulously and I released a sigh of relief

"So far, you've met all of them." My mom replied in amusement.

"Wait! So that would mean you have six kids. Wow!" she said looking as if that was the most surprising thing ever.

"Hey mom. Who is that -" Hayden stopped himself from questioning as soon as he saw Shaden. Jayden was beside him too.

"Hey Shaden." Both of them said it together. Shaden shivered at that.

"Guys, still creepy. But hey." She said waving at them.

"What were you asking?" Mom interrupted them.

"Who is that little kid with Theo and Jeff? He paints like crazy." Hayden asked sounding impressed.

"That would be her brother." I said pointing at Shaden. "You didn't tell us that your brother could draw." I said pointing an accusing finger towards her.

"I thought it wasn't that important. I mean, many kids draw right?" she said looking at all of us.

"Yeah every kid can draw stick figures. Not your brother. He is a genius. And wait, you never told us you had a brother." Jayden said giving her a fake disappointed look. Wait now, she is younger to both the twins too right? They are 16 now. Who knew?