13 - One fucking family dinner!!

Start from the beginning

He just rolled his eyes at her and turned to the front as Miss Jones entered. And as usual Shaden bent her head over her shoulders to sleep. But unlike her first month here, she looked very relaxed and it is now easier to make her smile. Probably because she is going to be here with her brother.

But I can't help but worry about her. How is she going to handle a brother who has been in coma for almost a month without the help of her parents? 

She still never mentioned anything about her parents. We didn't ask her anything regarding that matter either. I don't think she would tell us the truth even if we asked her. Everyone is giving her the space hoping that she would someday open up to us but I already know that she is going to lie to us about it even if she is going to speak to us anything about it. So let's just say that I am only waiting to see what kind of creative story she is going to make up this time.

**********

"Isn't she gonna come today?" Brendan asked when the first period ended.

"Naah. I don't think so. Naeem is gonna come today. She must be in the airport by now." Jake answered as he passed by our benches. Jess raised an eyebrow at him, both amused and surprised. Haru on the other side looked totally confused.

"He is right. She sounded very excited when she was speaking to me yesterday on the phone." Haru said rolling his eyes as Jake smirked at us.

"Now you speak to her regularly?" Eli asked with narrowed eyes to which Haru coughed awkwardly and turned to Jake to change the topic.

"How do you even know so much about her?" Haru asked scowling at Jake.

"Oh Japanese boy, you guys aren't her only friends here." He said smirking, making Haru scowl more. "And I am being her substitute at the garage until a week. After that, both of us are gonna work together." He said with a careless shrug though a small smile was playing on his lips. He seems like a totally different person whenever it involves her. Not that he suddenly changed from a douche to a warm hearted person. No. He just acts very differently when it concerns Shaden. In a good way. With that, he walked away from us and towards his friends.

"I have never seen him like this after his sixth grade. He suddenly turned into an ass after that spring break." Brendan said following Jake with his eyes.

"Oh right! You guys were like best friends back then." Casey suddenly said and I looked at him surprised. They both were best friends? Now that's news to me. When did they grow apart? And why?

After two other classes, I walked out of the class and called Shaden to ask her when she would be coming back to school.

"Enrique?"

"Simba."

"Did you call me just to remind me that horrid name?" she asked with a small smile in her voice.

"Naah! To hear you call me 'Enrique' with that sweet voice." I said in a teasing tone.

"Enrique" she said in a serious voice though I know that she is anything but serious.

"Ah! That's all I wanted to hear." I said in an exaggerated tone.

"Well, since you already heard my voice I am gonna cut the call." she said and I immediately shouted her name to stop her from actually cutting the call.

"Fine, I wanted to know if you met your brother." I said defeated. There was a small pause and I didn't know if I should ask her again or give her some space to collect her thoughts. At last she sighed tiredly.

"Yeah." she said in a tired voice.

"You don't sound that happy?" I probed further.

"You can't really be happy when your own brother doesn't remember you." she said in a strained voice and even before I could respond anything she spoke again. "Don't take me wrong. It's just that I have been so excited to meet him and though I know that he lost his memory, I was kinda hoping that he would remember me as soon as he sees me. But no such luck." She said with a humorless laugh.