"You won't believe it, we timed ourselves and guess how long we can hold our breath for." Emma said when she saw Lewis, Daniel and Scarlett walking up to the table they were at.

"15 minuets!" Emma said then high fiving Rikki. "That's impressive" Lewis said.

"I could do it for longer with the right equipment." Daniel said shrugging. "Anyways it's still pretty cool." Scarlett said giving a small glare to Daniel.

"I could probably stay down for longer if I really tried." Emma told them proudly. "You're on!" Rikki said. "Oh you think you can beat me?" Rikki asked smirking.

"I know I can bring it on Em" Rikki said. "I would love to see this" Scarlett laughed. "You guys must just be jumping out of your skin about this." Lewis said excited that the girls were excited.

"Well three of us are." Emma said sadly. The five of them at the table saw Cleo walk up towards them.
"Hey Cleo guess what!" Lewis asked. "These guys can hold their breath for 15 minutes!" Daniel continued hitting the table with every word.

"Lewis shut up!" Scarlett yelled at him flicking his head. "What's going on?" Cleo asked innocently. "We've been ya know, swimming" Emma told the other brunette. "Like fish if you didn't realize what we were saying." Scarlett told her not realizing she made it 10 times worse for Cleo.

Ignoring Scarlett, Rikki and Emma kept talking. "It's the best thing, the reef is out of this world." Rikki said dreamily.

"That's great" Cleo said unenthusiastically. But she continued anyways. "So has anyone been able to finish that calculus homework, question 4 is a nightmare." Cleo tried steering the conversation away while Lewis nodded his head 'yes' while Scarlett and Daniel both nodded 'no'.

"We missed you this morning, why weren't you answering your phone?." Emma asked. "And the project on geography, that's due on Friday, we really need to get together on that one." Cleo tried diverting the conversation again.

"Listen Cleo, whatever has happened to us is amazing, you have got to come out with us the water is amazing." Scarlett tried convincing. "Look I didn't ask for any of this to happen to us. So stop bugging me out about it, ok!?" Cleo told the 5 clearly frustrated.

———————

Later on at school. After class Emma, Rikki and Scarlett walked out to meet Lewis and Daniel.

"You're bummed out right?" Rikki asked Lewis. "She's just taking a little time to- yeah she's bummed out." Lewis spoke. The five of them turned around to see Cleo on the staircase looking at them.

"I am pretty sure she doesn't want to talk about it or even mention it though." Daniel finished. "Forget it Lewis we can deal with it." Emma told him. "It's a girl thing." Scarlett said. "Like your period?" Daniel whispered to Scarlett and Rikki who both snorted. "Yeah sorta" Scarlett answered back making Daniel let out a little chuckle.

Emma, Rikki and Scarlett walked up the stairs to meet Cleo. "Cleo, about this mermaid business." Emma said. "There is more important things in life than seeing how long you can hold your breath for and frolicking with the dolphins." Cleo countered. "I don't frolic, I glide" Rikki interrupted.

"Whatever, it's not important, I don't wanna talk about it." Cleo said shrugging. "How can you even say that, this is probably the most amazing thing that has ever happened to us, probably the most amazing thing that has happened to anybody." Scarlett said getting fed up with Cleo dissing the whole mermaid thing.