He was looking for something.
His murky eyes were inspecting the crowd the whole time while walking.
Everybody was aware that the Leadership was in now.

The shift in the crowd was apparent.
Those lowering voices mumbling indistinctly made the environment quite anxious and heavy.

Ellie was coming to be nauseous from the friction she was only trying to swallow along with the potatoes.

"He's looking at us.", Al weirded out, completely feeling uneasy.

"He's not looking at us. He's looking at her.", Will inferred with dislike in his tone.

"Ellie, he's looking at you: Why is he looking at you?", Christina's startling reaction came soon after.

"How should I know?", she retorted quietly, obviously stressing about it.

Yeah, she felt his eyes stung in her back.

Again.

Well, that was what she'd call embarrassing!

"Have you two even talked?", Christina asked in a low voice, still secretly prying on him.

"No, for the love of God, Christina, we haven't talked.", Ellie was still upset, answering back in low voice.

She enclosed her face with one hand, feeling ashamed and somewhat intimidated.

"Khm-khm, he's still looking.", Will "coughed" under his hand, lowering his head.

Max and Eric stood up on the stairs, but he kept glaring at her, just less plainly.

He noticed Initiates around Ellie were in distress because of the situation, but he didn't mind.
He found what he was looking for.

"I think he will try to kill me tonight and feed me to pigs.", Ellie assumed with a frantic expression all over her face and a potato slice in her mouth. She was just too overwhelmed, she couldn't even swallow the food anymore.

"Pigs? Eww, El, Grosse.", Christina was repulsed.

"They eat everything.", Will was lecturing as always. You can get the boy out of Erudite, but not the Erudite out of the boy.

"Yuck, Will, still gross!"

"Attention, soldiers!", Max piped up loud, which stopped them from conversing. The noise was suddenly lowered and the Pit became one peaceful place. Pretty extraordinary for an area full of Dauntless people.

"Tonight, we'll be traditionally playing the War games. Be at the Pit everybody, we will check the scoreboard and celebrate the winners. Freshmen, make us proud!"

Ellie heavily exhaled. She had a strange feeling about this.

* * *

They were on the train, anticipating every moment some kind of announcement from Eric or Four.

But, there wasn't any.

The trainers were just spending their time in silence, unloading the weapons.
Eric hasn't looked even once at Eleanor since they got on the train.

Why isn't he looking?

Are you seriously asking yourself why isn't he looking once the man has finally left you alone? she interrogated herself, but then, quickly turned to the open door to watch the city. She had to clear her head and relieve the anxiety.

The city of Chicago was partially in ruins after the Hell the world has been through, but it still had some unique beauty in it.

She turned her head to the left while gazing and her breathing ceased.
The excitement filled her lungs in two seconds.