Chapter 142 - Little One & The Creep

Start from the beginning

Then again, it was the first time she's spoken to someone so in depth of her plans to take revenge on the Hirogori's.

It was unusual, but also somewhat exhilarating.

After a while, Mimi breathed and look back up at Shen Jue with doubtful eyes.

"Why do you want to help me?"

Shen Jue gazed at her with a look that was too profound to understand and let out a light laugh. "Because like you, I loved your sister very much."

Mimi sneered, "You didn't love my sister."

If he had loved her sister then he would have cherished her more. Rather than being in love with her sister, he was obsessed.

She could merely guess after losing the dear 'possession' he too wanted to take revenge.

Either way, it worked out well for her.

Shen Jue could not help but deepen his smile, his eyes revealing a faint gleam. Mimi could not interpret what was on his mind.

"If the little one says so." His voice was abnormally gentle.

Creep.

He leaned his body off the couch and leisurely walked toward her until he was a step away. He lowered his gaze and looked at her with upturned lips.

He extended his hand out, "So, what do you say? Partners?"

Mimi gazed back at him, her still eyes peering into his deeply. Compared to when she first met Shen Jue, who was only a teen at the time, the one before her was now a grown man - his height twice as tall.

A few stray locks of his dark hair fell in front of his attractive face that gazed back at her, the look in his eyes revealing as though he could see everything within her.

Upon seeing his stare, Mimi was somewhat bewildered by his appearance.

A creep! That's all she could think! This guy was just too creepy!

However, she chose to ignore his penetrating eyes and flashed a playful smile, her hand grasping his.

"Please take care of me well, creepy bastard!"

Shen Jue smiled frivolously and laughed. "Haha, likewise, little one."

...

Ding, dong--!

Tobias slowly shifted his head away from view and glanced at the door, a whiff of smoke leaving his lips.

Currently, he was standing on the balcony of his home, still as a statue. A cigarette in hand with formerly smoked cigarette butts beneath his feet – his eyes deeply gazing out at the broad view.

He had planned to devote the remainder of his free time like this until the sound of his doorbell ringing broke his peace.

Pinching the space between his brows, he burns the cigarette in his hand against the railing and steps out toward the front door.

Knowing the security at the front was solid and only let in those he approved, he could assume the one at the door was Alec.

"What do you want this time?" Tobias said with an aggravated tone.

Prepared to see the blond, blue-eyed man, Tobias was surprised so see a pair of purple, sparkling eyes blinking up at him.

"Hello, Toby!"

Tobias's eyes widened, "...Mimi?"

"Mhm! May I come in?"

Tobias had been silent for a while before he absentmindedly nodded his head. "En, come in."