Chapter 22 - Play The Hero

As the event continued many social figures approached Henry Hirogori, some even having the guts to speak to Tobias, his competition.

Many thought they'd witness a fight between the two wealthy businessmen, but in the end, they were both professional and kept silent.

Mimi slowly started becoming bored and surprisingly was feeling indifferent towards the snacks there.

She had come there promoting her business and show her face to the public but hadn't expected she could only leave until the party was over.

What a sham! They lure her in with food and trapped her!

She felt like a rare creature being trapped to be looked at.

Holding back a yawn, Mimi chugs down a cup of water.

A few bold women approached her using their womanly charms to possibly catch the young rich boys eyes.

However, he had stolen their hearts instead.

With a few charming smiles and compliments, he had them in his grasps. Alec, who watched from the side while chatting with a few business friends wanted to vomit blood.

Since when did she learn to flirt?

When Mimi walked away from the heart-eyed group of women, she caught sight of a familiar figure.

Dressed in a light pink pastel dress where it perfectly revealed her luscious curves, and her long blond hair curled in layers attractively falling behind her back. In her hand was a golden bag filled with a gift.

The good-looking sixteen-year-old girl Mimi saw was none other than Emilia Yimo.

A small smirk raises on her lips as she glances at the young girl shyly look around the crowd, searching for someone.

Seems like something interesting was finally about to happen.

Enjoying the upcoming show, Mimi leans against a wall in the corner concealing a wicked smile in her glass cup.

Currently, on Emilia's side, the young girl desperately searched for her childhood friend Landon.

She had dressed extra for the occasion, wearing a light pink silk gown, she hoped he'd notice her innocent soft side. With her hairstyle, it'd show her mature side producing an irresistible glow.

Finally, catching sight of the tall brunette gathered around a group of men and women, Emilia intakes a large breath before raising her chin and walking over.

"Landon!" Emilia's soft voice calls out.

Hearing his name, the eighteen-year-old by the name of Landon turns his gaze towards the voice.

Seeing Emilia dressed up elegantly, Landon expression made no change except for the hidden flash of annoyance in his grey eyes.

However, Emilia didn't catch it and continues to walk towards her childhood friend.

"It's been a while, Landon." Emilia shyly looks up at the handsome man.

"Uh...Yeah, it has." Landon lazily said.

Still not indicating the indifference towards her in his voice, Emilia's face glows at his words. Just having him speak a sentence towards her was enough.

Before Emilia could happily chat with her first love and catch up, an attractive red-haired woman walks over.

Dressed in a tight strapless black dress and full chest, she wraps her hand seductively around Landon's arm.