Chapter 50 - The Victim Card

"What's going on here?" A deep voice carefully traced with concern spoke.

Inwardly chuckling at the man's on time moment, Mimi shifts her vacant gaze towards the tall man approaching the two.

His lightly shaded blond hair and green eyes burst under the glistening light, the man's graceful figure was covered in a plain pale button-up shirt and dark black pants.

"What happened?" Eli Sato asked once more, his noble brows furrowing at the scene before him.

In front of him was Mimi who's dark clothes were drenched in what he could reasonably assume was coffee and a young woman with her disheveled hair and a bright red mark on her cheek planted onto the floor.

The situation although needlessly complicated wasn't hard to piece together...

"Mr. Sato thank goodness you're here!" The woman suddenly began crying pitifully.

With severely shaking legs the woman stands up from the floor, her facial expression revealing a pitiful appearance and a few tears streaming down her bruised cheeks, smearing her makeup.

"I had accidentally spilled coffee onto her, and afterward she slapped me twice!" The woman sobbed uncontrollably.

"..."

Everyone surrounding the wicked woman was speechless. Had she no shame? Was she really playing the victim card here after everything that had just gone down?

Clearly, not falling for the pitiful maiden act, Eli scrunched up his eyebrows while looking uneasily at Mimi who merely stared at the two with a dainty hand on her hip - a gentle hint of amusement shining gloriously in her eyes.

"Ms. Mimi mind explaining what happened here?" Eli asked grimly.

The woman widened her anxious eyes at Eli's obvious disregard towards her words as he had directly looked towards Mimi for an answer.

She couldn't help but harshly bite onto her bottom lip while glaring hatefully at Mimi.

This little bitch! She was ruining everything for her! She should have gotten rid of her from the start.

Looking at the woman's murderous glare, Mimi merely stares at her with pure indifference, however, her marvelous eyes were traced with mischief.

"What she said is true," Mimi spoke plainly.

Eli, along with the woman and everyone else was naturally surprised by her words. Eli who hadn't known of the situation was surprised for Mimi to admit to doing something so shameless and violent.

As for everyone they were shocked due to Mimi lying about what had truly taken place.

Was she intentionally trying to cover up for the woman? They clearly didn't owe one another anything, in fact, the two could be undoubtedly considered enemies.

No matter the reason everyone was dissatisfied once they noted the woman's smug smile.

"Exactly! Why would I lie about something so serious Mr. Sato?" Once again the woman cried pitifully.

Everyone couldn't help stare uneasily at the woman with plain disgust at her actions. Just as a few were about to voice their personal dissatisfaction, Mimi suddenly spoke.

"Oh? But you seemed to have forgotten a few other bits," Mimi tilted her lovely head with a faint smile. "If I fondly remember correctly didn't you request me to pay you for you 'accidentally' spilling coffee onto me?"

Typically emphasizing the word accidentally, Mimi watched as the woman's visible expression shaded a glowing red.

Eli clearly confused why Mimi who was unmistakably the one who had coffee spilled on her had to pay.