Chapter 2: Embarrassment

Start from the beginning

...

After another hour of doing absolutely nothing. I checked my watch as people started to stand up with their bags on their shoulders. It was the end of the school day and so the five of us prepared to go home. 

"Hey, Theo. Need a ride?" Cielo asked me as he ran a hand through his hair.

I smiled as I put everything in my bag. "No need. My mom's gonna pick me up." I said and patting him on the back of his shoulder.

He ruffled my hair then slung an arm over my shoulder. "Be safe, okay?" He reminded me, then he walked away, he waved at me before continuing on his journey. 

Athena and Mika fixed their bags along side me before we were ready to go.

"Bye, Theo. Be safe and don't die." Athena reminded also, I rolled my eyes with a smile before bidding them goodbye, then with that, we parted ways. 

All of them had either cars or can walk to go home, while I waited for my mom. Theodosia had to extend for her practice, on the first day, unbelievable. 

I sat down at the stairs going down to the gate, looking around and noticing the littlest things. The paint peeling of the metal of the gate, the ants walking slowly near my hand, and the the little bugs crawling on the flower on my right. 

I was sweating from the heat of the sun. I rummaged through my bag for my handkerchief but to no avail. I felt my pockets, nothing. Great. I'll suffer through this scorching sun, profusely sweating without water. 

I stood up and was about to round a corner when I bumped into someone. I fell backwards on my ass, along my bag that was currently open most of the stuff out onto the world. I rubbed my aching butt, wincing in pain when a hand definitely bigger than mine came into my vision. I looked up at the owner, and almost died. 

It was Hunter. Freaking. Fierro. 

"I'm so sorry." He apologized as he rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish smile.

I hesitantly took his hand, which he used to boost me up. And my dumb ass just stood there staring at him. He smiled, which almost killed me. He was actually lending some muscles to smile at me.

"Theo. If I'm not mistaken? Isn't this yours?" He extended a hand, and there lies my penguin printed handkerchief. My eyes couldn't have gotten so wide. I quickly swiped it out of his grasp. 

"Ah, t-thank you." I stuttered before walking away and out of the school, but before I did, I heard a deep chuckle behind me that I guessed was from Hunter.

That was the most embarrassing thing ever.

...

I set my bag aside as I entered our homey room. I launched myself to my bed and laid face down. I screamed loudly, but the sound was muffled by the layer of sheets.

I just freaking talked to Hunter, and he knew my freaking name.

Why did I have to dismiss him like that earlier? I had the chance to befriend him and I didn't take it. Gosh I'm an idiot. I grabbed my phone from my pocket. I had to tell the group chat about that horrible interaction of mine and Hunter.

'Guys! Guess the fuck what! Just guess.' I texted furiously. Before they could reply, I'd sent another text. 'EEEEEE, you guessed wrong bitches.' 

I started with my story, getting one sentences reply from my friends once in a while since they didn't want to interrupt.

'The heeeckkk?? did you see how he reacted?' A text from Mika read.

'I think I heard him chuckle, probably because of my stupidity. IM A FUCKING IDIOT. if u guys could slap me right now, I would've thanked you!' I replied back, then stared at the ceiling, unconsciously recalling the events that just happened earlier.