29 | 'you kill it! you're the man! er ... the ... bigger ... man!'

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT WAS THE EVE OF her match debut. What a coincidence her first match at her new school was against Leehan. Eunra was giddy. Her heart fluttered like her eyelids getting heavy with sleep and she did need sleep. One more jog around and then she would head back.

   The evening air was a discomforting warm; it was humid. Even though she would rather be indoors, she needed this. To prep ahead of tomorrow. To prep herself for what she was about to do tonight. She was going to come clean. Once she heads back to the dorm, she's telling Yuta everything. Because she knew that the longer she stalled, it was only a matter of time.

   A matter of time before all would be lost and Jaehyun would be right.

   Though it still weighed on her choices the fact that Yuta hadn't waned in his pursuit of Jisoo, it didn't have to count. Or determine whether or not she kept her mouth shut. Because it hasn't been just her, has it? No way Yuta would say he's not starting to feel anything. Regardless, it must be said and it must be known. Eunra wasn't only going to come clean, she was going to confess to Yuta that she liked him.

   And hope for the best.

   So what if today, throughout lunch, Yuta had eyed the girl of his dreams with longing, food forgotten, and Eunra had to sit and watch and torture herself because Jaehyun was too occupied in his head to give her attention. Kim Jisoo had sat a few tables over completely oblivious to the lives she was affecting from just existing. Eunra had found out she couldn't hate her for it.

   The training warped into an unsteady jog, where she would pick up the pace, slow down, then pick up again. As humid as the air was, Eunra was hardly sweating, but sleep had resurfaced. Perhaps it was best she headed in now. Yuta did warn her not to overexert herself. That random act of concern alone had fueled Eunra's motivation to fall for me a tad more. In fact, she would love to have him here, except Eunra had wanted to be left with her thoughts. This way she gets to make this resolve in her heart and there would be no going back. Now that she was done making resolutions and sticking by them, she wished Yuta would show up unexpected to train.

   'I knew I would find you here,' someone said.

   No matter her state of mind, Kim Sungwoo would always be that voice of danger she could easily discern. He was always on her case but not once had he sought her out. Eunra didn't like that, however the last thing she'd ever do is give him the satisfaction of knowing she was troubled by him. 'What do you want?'

   He raised his hands in surrender. His overt smugness made her wary. 'I come in peace.'

   This guy says he comes in peace, everyone knows it's the opposite. Although their run-ins with each other were nearly frequent, they were never on civil terms. Sungwoo loathed her existence as much as something told her he hoped she reciprocated. If she ever bothered with someone who didn't like her for any valid reason she might consider returning the favor. Sungwoo's dubious nature and complete lack of discreetness were both balanced. That had been the one thing he ever got down to a minutiae.

   'Peace? I don't think that possible where I'm concerned.' She would try to keep open mind here and keeping one meant she thread with caution. They were alone. Eunra didn't think she had much of an upper hand here. But if she was careful, she could get out of this unharmed. Up until now, Sungwoo was barely someone to have qualms with regards to. Put off by his power trip, yes; disturbed by his existence, hardly.