15 | 'you know ... it's crazy how wrong you can be about a person...'

━━━━━━━━━━━━

        "YOU'RE SURE YOU WANT TO do this?"

        "You're right," he flashed a chaffed smile. It was nothing short of bewitching. "We should hurry before I change my mind."

        Scoffing, Eun Ra rolled her eyes. Her mind still attempted to reel in the newfangled fact that this was the same boy who abhorred her very existence just last week. And now, here they both were, holding long conversations and passing a soccer ball between each other, like lifelong friends.

        It looked as impractical as it felt. From time to time, the teenage girl had the urge to pinch herself out of her reverie. Then again, if this was any sort of fool's paradise, she didn't want to come out of it. But it wasn't. It was all true, all there, like the nearly nonexistent mole on the left side of Hojung's bottom lip. Eun Ra could recall the countless times she let her tongue travel down there whenever the kissed—her very own private shame now that she thought of it.

        Awaiting the pink ball to roll over, Eun Ra almost missed it when it did, still caught up in the twisted memories of her ex-boyfriend's mole. However her new friend innocently stood, watching and in all his glory, had his own part to play. There was simply no way she could've missed a light shot like that. She didn't learn to play football yesterday.

        Yuta had agreed to help get her on the team, though it was still hard to figure out how he planned on doing that. Coach was a relentless man and her current standing with said man still leaned towards resentful.

        The Japanese boy had left no room for bargains. It was his suggestion; based off on how resolute he appeared, he wasn't permitting second thoughts, probably on both ends. Eun Ra still had her misgivings although she wasn't half close to questioning his motives. They were on good terms now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

        "I watched you the other day. You're ... good."

        The next second accompanied a dark, discordant brow tilt when he shrugged. Though he might've been right, still it didn't stop her ego from getting bruised—grazed just across the surface. Eun Ra, finding nothing wrong with having confidence in her abilities and what she could do, begged to differ.

        "Just good?" It still sounded preposterous.

        "Well, you're no Mullër," Yuta conveyed, crouching where he stood. At the sight of cluelessness, his expression became vulpine. "Dude, don't tell me you don't know Mullër."

        She froze all of a sudden, too shell shocked to give an answer. It was hard to fathom the tiny ruckus intensifying in the pit of her belly when she saw that captivating face light up. His dentures glared at her. There was simply something about the way he spoke with her, plainly and keen, without any preconceived notions whatsoever. Yuta had gone as far as teasing and cracking jokes; giving her a taste of what his three friends enjoyed by the hour.

        It was however not unfamiliar to Eun Ra when her heart pulsated at a rapid, unsteady rhythm. It reminded her of the first time they met. His naked upper body hadn't cause as much damage as the aghast look smacked across his face. But even at that, Eun Ra wasn't about having any of that culminate into what she thought it might be.

        "Of course, I know Thomas Mullër." She became curious. "Your favorite player?"

        His shoulders rose and fell abruptly as he shrugged a second time. "Wouldn't say. I just have a soft spot for the Die Manschaff but, if it ever came down to singling out a favourite player, I'd say ... their coach? Unfortunately, it is the twenty-first century, Löw is no longer in his prime, so the only chance I get to ever see him in action is via files from the eighties."