27

[George's POV]

Not knowing where Kaia had been was unbearable. I feared for here well being and knowing that she was all alone out there somewhere broke my heart. 

Everyone had been on the search for her multiple times but without success. 

I had been writing her family in Bulgaria letters telling them we didn't know where she was. They had been visiting us and helping to find her but left with heads hanging low. All of us were worried sick.

Fred and I had begun our own joke shop in Diagon Alley. I didn't want to at first but Fred dragged me along telling me the distraction would do me good. He was right though, it was the only time I didn't worry about her.

"I'm getting the last piece of pumpkin pie!" Fred ran out of our bedroom. I groaned knowing the last pie of pumpkin pie was mine. I jumped up and ran after him. 

The both of us froze on the middle of the stairs when we heard her soft beautiful voice. My jaw dropped when I saw her standing in front of my mother. 

She didn't look as healthy as she used to look like. Her hair was cut to just above her shoulders, her eyes were slightly red showing the lack of sleep, dark circles were very much visible and it looked like she hadn't. eaten for days. 

"I appreciate the concern Mrs Weasley but there's no need for it. Besides I'm nobody's child anymore." her voice sounded sore and even more hoarse than it always sounded like. 

Only a second after that her hazel eyes looked directly into mine. The usual sparkle in her eyes was now inexistent. She looked at me blankly with no face expression. 

I was about to run towards her when she said a quiet good bye and apparated in front of my eyes just like she did the night at the ministry of magic. 

I ran downstairs full of anger "How could you not tell me she was here?" 

"I'm sorry, George. I'm not allowed to share order business with anyone but the members themselves." mom said resting a hand on my shoulder.

"What? She's a member of the order now?" 

Mom gave a hesitant nod eyeing back at the other members sitting at the dinner table "Why? How? Where is she now?"

"I can't tell you anything, George." 

"Is she in any danger?" 

Mom looked down contemplating whether or not to tell me something. Like she knew Kaia would be in danger but she didn't want to worry me. 

"Tell me!"

"It's best if you don't know." 

"I can't believe this!"

"It was her own choice, George." 

I pushed mom's hand away from my shoulder and ran back upstairs. Slamming the bedroom door closed I paced around the room trying not to scream out loud. 

I loved her. I missed her. I missed loving her. 

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Why would she do this?"

Fred shrugged "I don't know, but I do know from the way she stood there that she's not in a very good place right now. Mentally."

I clenched my jaw feeling the silent tears escaping my eyes. Fred stood from his own bed and sat down next to me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"It'll be ok, Georgie. We'll find out where's she's staying and what she's up to." 

I wiped the tears away and slowly nodded "I just want to talk to her, comfort her." 

"I know-" suddenly Fred jumped up, I frowned my eyebrows oblivious that he got the best idea ever "I have a plan." 

"What?" 

"Haven't you heard what mom said? Only members of the order can know what she's up to."

"So?"

"So, we'll just have to join the order then."