Chapter 6: four days

Maddie's POV
The best day with Mackenzie had just occurred to me. She helped me with my job. She's turned all sweet now and I'm loving it.

Of course she's cheer captain now, something my gut instincts knew way before hand would happen. I head over to the parking lot where Ms.Sammie picks me up. She may look all sweet and like an innocent old lady, but don't let appearance deceive you, she's a monster.

"Hope you cleaned those floors well you monster lonely child." She screeches right when I get into the car.

"I did my best and beyond." I reply.

"Good. Here's your two bucks." She responds handing over two pathetic dollar bills. I hate this job. Not only is it the most difficult job to get Ms. Sammie pleased, I get payed two bucks for a four hour job! That's less than minimum wage!
I get to Kenzie's house and turn my phone on. There's three messages.

-hey it's Kenz.-

-I feel bad about your job. My mom needs an assistant. I would tell you myself, but I have cheer.-

-just to let you know you're a great person who deserves more credit.-
-hello?-

-hello?-

I feel horrible for not replying earlier.

~sorry for the late response. Thank you for everything I appreciate it all truly. You're the great person. You helped me for no wage and you've been so kind to me, even though you're popular. Tell your mom I'd love to be her assistant! Thank you you have no idea how much I appreciate everything!💕💕💕💕💕💕
One two many emojis? She quickly replies back.

-no problem anything to help a friend! I'll tell her right away. BTW got a surprise for you! Lots of love❤️ kenz-

I couldn't wait to find out the surprise. I decide to go to bed even though it's only 8:30. Hey a little extra sleep never hurt anybody.

Mackenzie's POV
It's 9:00 when I get home and Maddie already is snoozing.

"Wake up!!!" I yell rolling her her over.

"What?" She wakes up perplexed.

"Hello Ms.Madison Ziegler !"

"Huh!"

"You see you're a new addition to our family!"

"You mean you adopted me!" She exclaims with so much enthusiasm.

"Yes!" I scream in delight, which she quickly follows.

"Really? I can't believe this is my dream! Wait actually I remember something!"

"This is fantastic what is it?" I ask.

"I danced on dance moms with you! I also sat next to Heather and Gabby!"

"You remember!" I say hugging her tightly. I guess that means I'm back to being a loser, but I wouldn't trade it all for being some popular snob.

"Well good night!"

"Night! Can't wait till school!!!" She responds.

"Me too." I reply sarcastically.